London Design Festival 2013: Royal College of Art graduate Bilge Nur Saltik has designed a collection of minimal white plates, bowls and cups that tip backwards and forwards, revealing a flash of fluorescent pink on their undersides (+ slideshow).
Share.Food tableware by Saltik features a small bowl, a large plate and a cup, each with a v-shaped base.
Saltik intends to playfully encourage people to share food and drink by tilting the vessels in different directions, rewarding them with a warm glow of colour from underneath as they do so.
"It is a bit of a balancing game around the dinning table," Saltik told Dezeen. "Users can either balance everything towards themselves or they can tip them over and open their plate to other users."
"It is quite a nice gesture to tip the plate and offer your food to someone - it is kind, surprising and playful," she added.
Each object has a painted base that creates a soft glow when placed on light-coloured surfaces. "The glow is to underline the angles," the designer said. "It is to indicate the direction of sharing and to create curiosity."
Saltik's tableware was displayed as part of a graduate showcase at Tent London and the Going Into Business exhibition of work by this year's Design Products graduates from the Royal College of Art during London Design Festival.
We've also featured Saltik's OP-jects dimpled glassware that creates kaleidoscopic effects, which she presented at Show RCA 2013 earlier this summer.
- Field of Light by Bruce Munro
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- The Last Supper by Studio Job
- Smith Pro by Jonathan Olivares for Danes…e
- Cartoon characters perform a disco ritua…l in Fever the Ghost's Source music video
- PACT underwear by Yves Behar
- Slim by Bevk Perovic for Vertigo Bird
- 17 Days of Summer by Jordon Cheung
- Welcome Back bus by Héctor Serrano Stud…io, Miñarro García and Javier Esteban
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories