Montreal designer Loïc Bard has created a wooden stool to add to his collection of furniture with gaping mouths that store magazines inside the top.
A single magazine can be stored within the thin curved lip of the Andy stool seat.
His collection was influenced by his childhood memories of a trip to Japan: "I designed this [furniture] while remembering the sober atmosphere, the simplicity of the utensils and the rustic environment of the tea ceremony."
Three tapered round legs support the irregular-shaped seat, which comes in maple wood finished with natural oil or stained darker colours.
- Flying Santa giveaway at The Temporium
- Change! by BCXSY
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- M6 chair by Joe Buttigieg
- slim&strong by Delphine Frey
- Pages by Sophie Nuttall
- Iris van Herpen exhibition at the Intern…ational Centre for Lace and Fashion
- Maxim Velcovsky ceramics at Mint
- AM02 and AM03 Air Multiplier fans by Dys…on
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories