"At the very beginning of our research there was a fascination for the structural traits of textiles that, observed under a magnifying glass, can be interpreted like a lattice of threads - building marvellous architectures," said the designers.
Each fabric is created using a double jersey knit, made from a front and a back layer that, when knitted together, show the elements of the internal structure on the surface.
The front layer is made from a mix of wool and polyester yarns that combine dark and light coloured fibres, while the back layer is made from polyester yarns in a single vivid colour.
"To reach this particular irregularity of wool colour, we chose to use a very soft dyeing treatment that resulted in a coloured surface made of diluted tones," said the designers. "Polyester, as a synthetic material, provides an intense plain colour accent."
The collection will be launched next month during the Salone Internazionale Del Mobile at Kvadrat's Milan showroom.
Here is some information from the designer:
Canal, Moraine, Gravel for KVADRAT
Three collections of 3D knitted and stretch upholstery fabric.
Constructed using a double jersey knit, the collections reveal new surfaces of slightly quilted fabric combining the stretch flexibility and firmness necessary to upholster a wide variety of shapes with the possibility of less points of stitching.
The knitted front layer of the textiles is made from fine melange wool and polyester yarns, which combines dark and light fibres. This ensures that they have a sensuous touch and feature a rich play of warm, delicate and irregular colour nuances.
The knitted back layer is made from unicoloured polyester yarns, in accent colours. These provide firmness and structure.
- Weaver's Nest by Animal Farm
- MUT Design uses copper, marble and ash… for "seductive" freestanding kitchen
- Dear Disaster by Jenny Ekdahl
- Rotational Moulding DIY Machine by And…rew Duffy, Craig Tyler and Edward Harrison
- Soundchaser by Yuri Suzuki
- Champions by Konstantin Grcic at Galle…rie Kreo
- Studio Swine extends collection of pro…ducts made from hair
- Jule Waibel recreates origami paper dr…esses in chiffon
- The Mothership by Akoaki is a mobile D…J booth for playing funk on the streets of Detroit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories