The BEAM coat rack by Big-Game allows the user to slide as many coat hooks onto the profile as needed and display thin items at the same time.
"We found it useful to be able to slide the hooks on the metal beam wherever you need them," the designers told Dezeen. "If it is on the right or on the left side of a door for instance, or depending on what you want to hang on it."
Solid ash hooks are cut to shape and slide directly onto the metal H-shaped profile, which attaches to the wall.
"We were always fascinated by the peg rails found in American Shaker houses," said the designers. "Instead of hiding the mess, they somehow make it manageable.
"When we were asked to think about something that could be in entrances, we readapted this idea with a metal profile," they added.
The aluminium profile is available in 60 or 90-centimetre lengths. Colours include grey, red and green, and extra hooks can be purchased in natural ash.
BEAM will be shown at the former printing house Spazio Ciovassino in Milan's Brera district from 8-13 April.
- Model Home 2013 by Michael Lin and Ateli…er Bow-Wow with Andrew Barrie
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atlant…ic uniforms
- Carafe and glass by Mathieu Lehanneur fo…r Ricard
- Shortlist for Designs of the Year
- Iranzo, Rittler and Kesting create cocoo…n-like "cloud" installation
- Jack Albert Trew designs bicycle-powered… centrifuge to enable blood testing in rural Africa
- Re-Imagined Chair by Studiomama for the …Stepney Green Design Collection
- Pal stool by Hallgeir Homstvedt for One …Nordic
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republic… of Fritz Hansen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories