The BEAM coat rack by Big-Game allows the user to slide as many coat hooks onto the profile as needed and display thin items at the same time.
"We found it useful to be able to slide the hooks on the metal beam wherever you need them," the designers told Dezeen. "If it is on the right or on the left side of a door for instance, or depending on what you want to hang on it."
Solid ash hooks are cut to shape and slide directly onto the metal H-shaped profile, which attaches to the wall.
"We were always fascinated by the peg rails found in American Shaker houses," said the designers. "Instead of hiding the mess, they somehow make it manageable.
"When we were asked to think about something that could be in entrances, we readapted this idea with a metal profile," they added.
The aluminium profile is available in 60 or 90-centimetre lengths. Colours include grey, red and green, and extra hooks can be purchased in natural ash.
BEAM will be shown at the former printing house Spazio Ciovassino in Milan's Brera district from 8-13 April.
- Plants grow inside Maxim Scherbakov's ma…rble Sputnik-5 table
- Tokyo Bench by Gehry Partners
- Bird by Zhili Liu
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- Campana Brothers video interview 3
- Vanity Shelf by Outofstock for Ligne Ros…et
- Rewrite and Etagère de Coin at Ligne Ro…set Westend
- Lighting installation by Robert Stadler …during Nuit Blanche in Paris
- Ear Chair by Studio Makkink & Bey
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories