The BEAM coat rack by Big-Game allows the user to slide as many coat hooks onto the profile as needed and display thin items at the same time.
"We found it useful to be able to slide the hooks on the metal beam wherever you need them," the designers told Dezeen. "If it is on the right or on the left side of a door for instance, or depending on what you want to hang on it."
Solid ash hooks are cut to shape and slide directly onto the metal H-shaped profile, which attaches to the wall.
"We were always fascinated by the peg rails found in American Shaker houses," said the designers. "Instead of hiding the mess, they somehow make it manageable.
"When we were asked to think about something that could be in entrances, we readapted this idea with a metal profile," they added.
The aluminium profile is available in 60 or 90-centimetre lengths. Colours include grey, red and green, and extra hooks can be purchased in natural ash.
BEAM will be shown at the former printing house Spazio Ciovassino in Milan's Brera district from 8-13 April.
- Form Us With Love adds colourful acousti…c panels to Baux range
- Furniture by Carl Hagerling
- Andromeda by Ross Lovegrove for Yamagiwa
- Doshi Levien designs jewel-like mirrors …for Hay
- Bottleware by Nendo for Coca-Cola
- Furniture by Atelier Van Lieshout at Car…penters Workshop Gallery
- Melissa shoes by Zaha Hadid Architects
- Fountain Hacks by LIKEarchitects and Ric…ardo Dourado
- Hollywood Chandelier for the Stepney Gre…en Design Collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories