Milan 2014: what started as a conversation between Swedish furniture brand Offecct and Milan-based Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in 2013 has come full circle with the launch of the MEET sofa (+ slideshow).
"Our very first meeting during Salone del Mobile in 2013 quickly turned into a fascinating philosophical discussion about what informal meetings mean, and from there Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners have carried out this project perfectly," said Offecct design manager Anders Englund.
Design studio Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' brief for MEET was for a sofa fit for different types of activity, from work and informal meetings to casual time.
"When we work on projects aimed at the environment between office and residential space, we always want to see and feel how this product will actually work in a space so it can be of full service to the people who will use it," said chief designer Robin Rizzini.
"We wanted to create a sofa that gives you the feeling of being virtually anywhere," he continued. "Offecct's new sofa system MEET is designed for this purpose. Its functions address Offecct's main areas: the sustainability and sound absorbing qualities of their products, the importance of injecting life through plants in indoor environments and Offecct's craftsmanship in working with wood and fabrics."
MEET was shown on the Offecct stand at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last week.
- Jolly Roger chairs by Fabio Novembre for… Gufram
- Night Night by Vanessa Hordies
- Design London contemporary design fair
- Willmann Vase by Hanne Willmann has a gl…ass base and a concrete lid
- Hairchitecture by FAHR 021.3 and Gijo
- Alessandro Mendini revisits Proust chair… for marble exhibition
- Tokyo Bench by Gehry Partners
- Objects by Estudio Carme Pinós
- Raw Edges shapes Endgrain wooden furnitu…re to reveal colourful patterns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories