Milan 2014: what started as a conversation between Swedish furniture brand Offecct and Milan-based Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in 2013 has come full circle with the launch of the MEET sofa (+ slideshow).
"Our very first meeting during Salone del Mobile in 2013 quickly turned into a fascinating philosophical discussion about what informal meetings mean, and from there Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners have carried out this project perfectly," said Offecct design manager Anders Englund.
Design studio Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' brief for MEET was for a sofa fit for different types of activity, from work and informal meetings to casual time.
"When we work on projects aimed at the environment between office and residential space, we always want to see and feel how this product will actually work in a space so it can be of full service to the people who will use it," said chief designer Robin Rizzini.
"We wanted to create a sofa that gives you the feeling of being virtually anywhere," he continued. "Offecct's new sofa system MEET is designed for this purpose. Its functions address Offecct's main areas: the sustainability and sound absorbing qualities of their products, the importance of injecting life through plants in indoor environments and Offecct's craftsmanship in working with wood and fabrics."
MEET was shown on the Offecct stand at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last week.
- Martijn van Strien launches experimental… fashion label with laser-cut garments
- Marsotto Edizioni
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- SP-7 Dining Table by Schwab/Panther
- Memories of the Future by Carl de Smet
- Inga Sempé launches mix-and-match tile …collection for Mutina
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
- HTC Touch Diamond by One & Co
- Chorong lamp by Joongho Choi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories