Milan 2014: what started as a conversation between Swedish furniture brand Offecct and Milan-based Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in 2013 has come full circle with the launch of the MEET sofa (+ slideshow).
"Our very first meeting during Salone del Mobile in 2013 quickly turned into a fascinating philosophical discussion about what informal meetings mean, and from there Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners have carried out this project perfectly," said Offecct design manager Anders Englund.
Design studio Fattorini+Rizzini+Partners' brief for MEET was for a sofa fit for different types of activity, from work and informal meetings to casual time.
"When we work on projects aimed at the environment between office and residential space, we always want to see and feel how this product will actually work in a space so it can be of full service to the people who will use it," said chief designer Robin Rizzini.
"We wanted to create a sofa that gives you the feeling of being virtually anywhere," he continued. "Offecct's new sofa system MEET is designed for this purpose. Its functions address Offecct's main areas: the sustainability and sound absorbing qualities of their products, the importance of injecting life through plants in indoor environments and Offecct's craftsmanship in working with wood and fabrics."
MEET was shown on the Offecct stand at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last week.
- Discipline launches in Milan
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geometri…c" Plane light collection
- Movie: tour of Design Interactions at Sh…ow RCA 2012 with Tony Dunne
- LEDs are finally able to create light of… the quality designers "expect it to be" says Arik Levy
- Chris Bangle podcast interview
- Drawn from Clay by Atelier NL
- Made in Italy: Milan Design City
- Sensorial Brushes by Najla El Zein Works…pace are designed to stimulate the skin
- To Be Continued by Julien Carretero
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories