Milan 2014: illustrator Stephan Cheetham and interior designer Jessica Pinotti of All The Fruits have created a range of colourful, pre-glued wallpaper that doesn't need to be matched or aligned to cover walls (+ slideshow).
Bologna design studio All The Fruits created the Cut and Paste Wallpaper designs as an alternative to traditional wallpaper, which has to be carefully positioned to ensure patterns and colours match.
"The pattern collection is purposely not attached to a particular product or end use, but left as just the pattern, with the premise that it can be applied to anything from paper to fabric, to wood to walls," explained the designers, who exhibited the collection at Ventura Lambrate in Milan earlier this month.
The rolls feature different patterned sections designed to compliment each other in any combination, so they can be plastered onto the walls without too much consideration. The patterns are digitally printed onto paper that is pre-glued on the back, making it easy to stick to walls and removed if needed.
Designs include block colours in different sized strips, a grey and white grid pattern and a zig-zagging green graphic. A dusky pink background scattered with small white stars forms another design, along with a plain white background patterned with coloured bow-tie shapes.
Other designs feature pastel shades, collections of triangles and brightly coloured long, intersecting lines.
- Grappa chandelier by Claesson Koivisto R…une hangs in strings of grape-like forms
- Ma.Mo. by Sunya Studio
- CATable by Hao Ruan offers a shared work… surface for cats and their owners
- AM02 and AM03 Air Multiplier fans by Dys…on
- Ripple table by Benjamin Hubert
- Comic Spurs typeface is Comic Sans with …added irony
- Are you the UK’s Young Design Entrepre…neur 2008?
- House Numbers Project by Medium
- LDN by Ross Lovegrove and NYC by KiBiSi …for Biomega
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories