David Chipperfield Architects' Berlin office has converted a former hospital into a headquarters for a family-run company in Germany.
The former St Vincenz hospital is situated in the medieval town centre of Paderborn, next to the western tributary of the Pader Springs.
The hospital moved out in 2013 and the existing complex has been converted into a new headquarter for a family-run company.
The existing ensemble originates from a former seventeenth-century Capuchin monastery. The buildings, which were used as a hospital from 1841 onwards, were severely damaged during the second world war.
The conversion involved the removal of the post-war additions, exposing the historic building fabric of the monastery once again.