Here are images of the pieces, plus a short text from Hilton explaining the thinking behind his decision to launch his own brand:
I have started Matthew Hilton, the company, because I wanted at least one place where I have more creative control.
This, after two years of work, is a starting point, the pieces shown here are the first of a growing number of high quality products made in relatively small quantities using hand skills based manufacturing. I will be regularly adding new product using different techniques and materials.
Counter to the hi-tech, global and potentially impersonal aspect of the Internet, I hope this site will enable the development of a direct relationship between the company and people interested in our designs and products.
I liased closely with the designers www.spin.co.uk of this website to make it direct, straightforward and open.
Here we will show you the design process, some of the inspiration behind the work and the making of the products.
We will bring you elements of inspirational culture, photos and articles about things which interest us, buildings, furniture, travel, exhibitions, design reports, restaurants, campsites.
- Nike GS football boot by Nike
- BN0042 by Braun at Dezeen Watch Store
- Yarn from old newspapers by Greetje va…n Tiem
- Totem de.dos by Brut Deluxe Architectu…re + Design
- Concept Cabin by Airbus
- Furniture for Tracey Neuls Eastside by… Faudet-Harrison
- Samuel Wilkinson designs Grace collect…ion of aluminium furniture
- Blå Station launches mobile Morris Jr… chair
- Bamboolarule by Baskerville Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories