Here are images of the pieces, plus a short text from Hilton explaining the thinking behind his decision to launch his own brand:
I have started Matthew Hilton, the company, because I wanted at least one place where I have more creative control.
This, after two years of work, is a starting point, the pieces shown here are the first of a growing number of high quality products made in relatively small quantities using hand skills based manufacturing. I will be regularly adding new product using different techniques and materials.
Counter to the hi-tech, global and potentially impersonal aspect of the Internet, I hope this site will enable the development of a direct relationship between the company and people interested in our designs and products.
I liased closely with the designers www.spin.co.uk of this website to make it direct, straightforward and open.
Here we will show you the design process, some of the inspiration behind the work and the making of the products.
We will bring you elements of inspirational culture, photos and articles about things which interest us, buildings, furniture, travel, exhibitions, design reports, restaurants, campsites.
- Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magi…s
- BioElectric by Jeongwon Ji
- Punkt. DP 01 by Jasper Morrison
- Phrena by Karl Zahn for Artecnica
- Debut collection by Herman Cph includes …oak tables with spindly steel legs
- Moon Ji Bang installs a field of mushroo…m-shaped balloons outside a Seoul museum
- Studio Nomad's mirror installation refle…cts fragments of forest at a Hungarian music festival
- Interview: Johanna Agerman-Ross at Dezee…n Studio
- Nir Meiri stacks Babilus Vases from ring…s of bamboo, chipboard and Corian
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories