Here are images of the pieces, plus a short text from Hilton explaining the thinking behind his decision to launch his own brand:
I have started Matthew Hilton, the company, because I wanted at least one place where I have more creative control.
This, after two years of work, is a starting point, the pieces shown here are the first of a growing number of high quality products made in relatively small quantities using hand skills based manufacturing. I will be regularly adding new product using different techniques and materials.
Counter to the hi-tech, global and potentially impersonal aspect of the Internet, I hope this site will enable the development of a direct relationship between the company and people interested in our designs and products.
I liased closely with the designers www.spin.co.uk of this website to make it direct, straightforward and open.
Here we will show you the design process, some of the inspiration behind the work and the making of the products.
We will bring you elements of inspirational culture, photos and articles about things which interest us, buildings, furniture, travel, exhibitions, design reports, restaurants, campsites.
- Sweet play by Elsa Lambinet
- XXXX_Sofa by Yuya Ushida for Ahrend
- Bodging Milano at Designersblock
- Man Made Moon by Sam Jacob
- Good Morning moka pot and Tuamotu hob by… Anderssen & Voll
- Seaweed and paper combine to create furn…iture
- "Start a recycling centre" with Dave Hak…kens' Precious Plastic factory
- Fresh by Victor Vetterlein
- SO-IL wraps white plastic around New Yor…k's Storefront gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories