Here's another new project by Klein Dytham Architecture, this time a combined home and salon for a couple of young hairdressers in Jingumae, Tokyo.
The project is called Sin Den. Photos are by Daici Ano. Here's some text from KDA:
Jingumae - the area has its own creative vibe, which is not quite as same as the one in Harajuku, Aoyama and Shibuya. People with their strong style and view in fashion and their lifestyle have injected the more exciting and creative feelings in the area.
This project was carried out in the area for a young couple and a baby as their living space with their hair salon. This 'cutting-edge' salon attracts those who have their own style and seeks a perfect hideaway.
To design a perfect building for the family, there were continuous studies in the height and form of a building to fit in 50 square meters' site.
These studies formed a quirky, unique and 'cutting-edge' building - a massive black box with strong graphic images in white lines: a woman with flowers, plants etc...
Contrary to this strong appearance, the interior retains a perfect interior for a family home - natural color with natural light coming through big windows.
- Biosciences Research Building by Lyons
- BLC Headquarters by Atelier Hapsitus
- Lakeside sauna by Partisans designed as …a cavernous wooden grotto
- Macedonian Orthodox Church by Bif-Studio
- Casablanca Sustainable Market Square by …TomDavid Architecten
- Concrete tower by Bechter Zaffignani hou…ses a control centre for an Austrian power station
- Tate Britain appoint Caruso St John
- Dellis Cay villas by Shigeru Ban
- Bibliothek Luckenwalde by FF Architekten… and Martina Wronna
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories