Here's another new project by Klein Dytham Architecture, this time a combined home and salon for a couple of young hairdressers in Jingumae, Tokyo.
The project is called Sin Den. Photos are by Daici Ano. Here's some text from KDA:
Jingumae - the area has its own creative vibe, which is not quite as same as the one in Harajuku, Aoyama and Shibuya. People with their strong style and view in fashion and their lifestyle have injected the more exciting and creative feelings in the area.
This project was carried out in the area for a young couple and a baby as their living space with their hair salon. This 'cutting-edge' salon attracts those who have their own style and seeks a perfect hideaway.
To design a perfect building for the family, there were continuous studies in the height and form of a building to fit in 50 square meters' site.
These studies formed a quirky, unique and 'cutting-edge' building - a massive black box with strong graphic images in white lines: a woman with flowers, plants etc...
Contrary to this strong appearance, the interior retains a perfect interior for a family home - natural color with natural light coming through big windows.
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid movie
- "Libraries are the most important public… buildings" - Francine Houben
- Dentist with a View by Shift
- House in Ropponmatsu by Kazunori Fujimot…o Architect & Associates
- Duikklok by Bedaux de Brouwer Architecte…n
- RAK Gateway Project by Snøhetta
- Antonini Darmon's housing in Nantes pres…ents a patchwork of solids and voids
- Zagreb Dance Center by 3LHD
- "I’m a passionate architect... I do no…t work for money" - Peter Zumthor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories