The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- Heart Chair by Claesson Koivisto Rune fo…r David Design
- Jaime Hayón designs monkey-shaped table
- Vases by Simon Hasan
- Shivering Bowls by Nendo
- Force Lamp and Boy’s Lamp by Nika Zupa…nc
- Wooden stool with a gaping mouth stores …a magazine within its seat
- BMW i Pedelec Concept
- Bernard Chair by Jonas Lindvall
- Be.e electric scooter by Waarmakers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories