The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- Brazilian Baroque by the Campana Brothe…rs
- + by Yaroslav Misonzhnikov
- Super Contemporary interviews: Tom Dixon
- Voxan Café Racer Super Naked by Philipp…e Starck
- Fang by Iris van Herpen and United Nude
- dezeen interviews... Murray Moss
- OP-light by Bilge Nur Saltik creates lum…inous optical illusions
- Clip, Stamp, Fold: The Radical Architec…ture of Little Magazines, at the Architectural Association
- New Amsterdam Chair by UNStudio for Wild…e + Spieth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories