The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- New design brand TOG unveils outdoor f…urniture by Sebastian Bergne
- First collection from new Dublin desig…n brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Web Chair by Junio Design
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches… Spring 2014 furniture collection
- Francesco Faccin creates "micro archit…ecture" for bees with Honey Factory
- Bram Vanderbeke creates furniture base…d on steel reinforcing bars
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- Scaffolding Brut by Beta Tank
- Plytube by Seongyong Lee
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories