The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- Air 1 Aquarium by Amaury Poudray
- Knitted tree and creatures by Donna Wils…on for the Stepney Green Design Collection
- The Smallest Show in Milan by FOC
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
- Black Tree by Miloš Milivojevic
- "Young designers have no grasp of design… history"
- Raf Simons tailors textured Kvadrat fabr…ics into men's outerwear
- East Side Story by Sibling
- Cancer City by Visiondivision
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories