The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- Stanley Series by Simon Donald
- Matali Crasset designs for children
- Lavitta collection by Poiat Products
- "I want to bring the surprise back to Ik…ea" says head of design
- Habitat Machines by David Trautrimas
- Slightly Windy by José Ferrufino
- Wanders and Laarman for Flos
- Yerin Do adds leather "parasites" to woo…den furniture
- Keel series by Oscar Narud
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories