The booth displayed work by Stockholm designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson.
Here's a bit of text from the group:
Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish Handicraft)
Ny Svensk Slöjd is the collective name of designers Tim Alpen, Erik Björk and Mattias Karlsson all based in Stockholm, Sweden.
With inspiration from traditional Swedish techniques, aesthetics and materials they create contemporary furniture and interiors.
At the Stockholm furniture fair 2008 the group displayed the first collection of everyday objects, a birch log strip light, a Windsor loveseat, shelf system, chairs, a lamp, and a coat hanger all made by the concept of bringing new design out of old handicraft.
- Normann Copenhagen launches Form furnitu…re by Simon Legald
- "I work best in a new field or culture" …- Hella Jongerius
- Shreddies underwear that stops farts sme…lling
- C58 Dressing Table by Florian Schmid
- Dusen Dusen creates ever-changing magnet…ic mural for Wanted Design show in Brooklyn
- The Aram Gallery showcases seven new des…igners in Future Stars? exhibition
- Zaha Hadid installs aluminium wave over …pool in V&A museum garden
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with Mat…erial Container Series
- Oki Sato on Nendo's Growing Vases
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories