Dezeen has teamed up with designer Ross McBride of Normal Timepieces to give away five Extra Normal Grande watches.
Launched at Tokyo Designers Week last year (see our previous story), the hour hands of Normal Timepieces are represented by a rotating disk with a slit removed, revealing the numbers on the watch face beneath.
This new version with a 38mm diametre will be launched at 100% Design Tokyo on October 30th.
This competition is now closed.
The five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter.
The following is from Normal Timepieces:
Ever since the Normal Timepieces brand was launched in 2006 with the release of the original Extra Normal series of watches, there have been calls for a version with a larger case.
The Extra Normal Grande features a new Ø38 mm case, with a slightly convex crystal, and screw-on case back. Like all watches and wall clocks in the Extra Normal series, the hour "hand" is actually a disk with the hand silhouette reversed out, exposing the passing numbers on the face beneath.
Above: The new Extra Normal Grande EN-GL002, and the original Extra Normal EN-M003 (Ø32 mm case)
Movement: Miyota 2034 Japanese movement
Accuracy: -10 / +20 second / month
Water-resistance: 3ATM (to 100 ft / 30 m)
One year guarantee
EN-LG01 White Face
Ø38 mm Stainless steel hairline case. Black leather band. White face. Black hands.
EN-LG02 Black Face
Ø38 mm Stainless steel hairline case. Black leather band. Black face. White hands.
EN-MG03 All Black
Ø38 mm Black steel case. Black steel mesh band. Black face. Mirrored hands.
Congratulations to the winners! Ricky Lee in Hong Kong, Wei Deng in Canada, Samuel Netocny in Slovakia, and Sarah Scott and Susie Chung in USA all won Extra Normal Grande watches.
- Entfaltung collapsible fashion by Jule W…aibel
- Nike launches 3D-printed sports bag for …Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Barnaby Barford creates fashion story fo…r Wallpaper*
- Pal stool by Hallgeir Homstvedt for One …Nordic
- Jacket to help prepare for the end of th…e world
- ÉCAL students design seasonal objects f…or time-themed exhibition
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor… & Rolf
- Saint James and Simple Bridge by Jean No…uvel for Ligne Roset
- Cloche Lamp by Lars Beller Fjetland
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories