Milan 09: Tokyo designer Shige Hasegawa will present a table and lamp called Hana (meaning 'flower' in Japanese) in Milan next week.
The table consists of five interlocking, plywood, petal-shaped legs slotted through a glass top.
The lamp, called Hana Stretch, is made of a metal frame covered in fabric that is fastened with a zip.
Hana will be on show in the Salone Satellite at the Milan Furniture Fair, 22-27 April.
Here's some text from Shige Hasegawa:
My name is Shige Hasegawa (Shige Hasegawa Design), freelance designer from Tokyo. I am going to attend Mirano Salone Satellite 2009. And I will show these two new Hana table and Hana stretch.
Theme of the show is Flower (Hana in Japanese ). And I use Origami (folding paper) technique to design the table and the light.
Hana table is made by 5 plywood legs. These legs are all same shape and they stand by themselves. It has no screws or nails to hold the 1100φglass top. Also it will be easy packing.
Hana stretch is made by iron frame and stretch fabric. The fabric has zipper and can be taken off and washed. Also has color variations.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Season chair by Piero Lissoni comprise…s two simple volumes
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- The D*Table by The D*Haus Company
- The Narcissist by NHDRO for BD Barcelo…na Design
- Nick Cobby explores the human mind in …music video for Max Cooper and Tom Hodge
- Camilo Rebelo installs "trojan egg" in…side Porto's city hall
- KiBiSi by Kilo Design, BIG and Skibste…d Ideation
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair insta…llation at Moroso in New York
- Still Life by PJADAD and Atelier Food
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories