Milan 09: Tokyo designer Shige Hasegawa will present a table and lamp called Hana (meaning 'flower' in Japanese) in Milan next week.
The table consists of five interlocking, plywood, petal-shaped legs slotted through a glass top.
The lamp, called Hana Stretch, is made of a metal frame covered in fabric that is fastened with a zip.
Hana will be on show in the Salone Satellite at the Milan Furniture Fair, 22-27 April.
Here's some text from Shige Hasegawa:
My name is Shige Hasegawa (Shige Hasegawa Design), freelance designer from Tokyo. I am going to attend Mirano Salone Satellite 2009. And I will show these two new Hana table and Hana stretch.
Theme of the show is Flower (Hana in Japanese ). And I use Origami (folding paper) technique to design the table and the light.
Hana table is made by 5 plywood legs. These legs are all same shape and they stand by themselves. It has no screws or nails to hold the 1100φglass top. Also it will be easy packing.
Hana stretch is made by iron frame and stretch fabric. The fabric has zipper and can be taken off and washed. Also has color variations.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- e-glue vinyl wall decorations for childr…en
- New plusminuszero collection
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel
- Platypus Chair, Bambi Chair, Crane Lamp …and Duck Lamp by Studio Juju
- Float by Karim Rashid for Sancal
- Najah, Lazara and Ilham by Anne-Cécile …Rappa
- Harry stool by Massproductions
- Philippe Starck adds stools made from re…cycled materials to his Broom collection for Emeco
- Plug Lamp by Form Us With Love for Atelj…é Lyktan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories