The lamp was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, which ends in Milan today.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some info from Artemide:
"As in the organic development of trees, a sweeping canopy emerges through an extensive interconnected supporting network at the base.
The primary components of this organic analogy are transformed from abstract diagrams into Genesy's fluid design.
The lamps structure increases in complexity as it rises from the floor. Like a growing organism, the central support sprouts branches that adopt a greater radial geometry to enhance the dymanic tensional forces of the structure.
Natyure continues to inform the design as these branches frame voids, enhancing the contrast between positive and negative, convex and concave, tension and compression."
Floor lamp. Direct LED light and indirect light (halogen and flourescent) are manageable separately by two touch dimmers placed on the body lamp.
Material: injection-moulded foam polyurethane.
Colours: polished black or polished white.
Light emission: indirect and direct adjustable.
More Dezeen stories about Zaha Hadid:
- The Heart of Architecture by Giles Mil…ler Studio
- Close to be Open by Agnes Ögren and V…alerie Otte
- Tea with Georg by Scholten & Baijings …for Georg Jensen
- Log Table by Trust in Design
- Custhom launches digitally embroidered… wallpaper
- Stefan Sagmeister in Belgrade
- Established & Sons in Milan 2010
- NLXL Lab launches one-off wallpaper pa…tterns by designers including Piet Hein Eek
- "The internet has escaped out into the… street" - James Bridle at Designed in Hackney Day
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories