London Design Festival 09: Manchester designer Liam Hopkins of Lazerian has created a collection of candle holders shaped like laboratory beakers.
The range is named the Minerals Collection because each design is named after a different mineral used to add colour to candles.
Made of beech, the collection consists of five shapes available in three sizes.
The designs will be launched at 100% design in London next month.
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Here's some more information from Liam Hopkins:
Lazerian's philosophy of experimental practice can again be seen in their latest range of Candle holders "The minerals collection".
Drawing inspiration from science experimentation, Liam Hopkins has managed to integrate the fields of practical science exploration and experimental design practice. Liam began the process by careful investigation into how candles are formed and how they burn, each resulting in a unique final form.
During research his attention was drawn towards Conical flasks and their distinctive appearance.
By incorporating the aesthetic qualities of the flasks into a functional candle holder, Lazerian have made it possible for each customer to have a unique product which, through use will increasingly resemble a functional conical flask.
Each of the 5 designs are made of high quality solid beech and take their name from minerals that are used to give the candles their distinct colour.
The range is available in 3 sizes, to be released at 100% design in September along with a selection of other new designs.
- Dezeen's London Design Festival 2013 hig…hlights
- Ross Lovegrove designs 3D-printed gold j…ewellery
- Fractal Table by Platform Wertel Oberfel…l
- Christmas tree made from sledges
- Explosion Cabinet by Sebastian Errazuriz… expands using sliding joints
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York park
- Neri&Hu designs Shaker-style furniture f…or De La Espada
- "The current trend is to have an outdoor… kitchen"
- Dezeen Screen: Sweeper Clock by Maarten …Baas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories