The theatre space is designed to be reconfigured according to the requirements of each performance and the chairs are meant to be easily moved, stored away, grouped together or fixed to the floor - watch a movie here.
Seat numbers are digitally-displayed on a small panel fixed to the metal frame that supports the upholstered chair.
The chairs were produced by Italian design brand Moroso.
More information about the theatre design in our previous story.
See all our stories about Studio Arne Quinze in our special category.
Here's some more information from the designer:
For REX and OMA’s new Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre in Dallas, Studio Arne Quinze has exclusively designed a new theatre chair that will be one of the main elements in this revolutionary concept in theatre design. The project is a collaboration between SAQ and Moroso, who takes care of the production of the upholstered seats.
The chairs are designed to be easily removable and offer a simple and efficient storage concept, which allows for maximum space flexibility on the theatre's flat floor. Ganged together or fixed to the floor, various different settings can be created.
Seat numbers are digitally displayed on a small panel below the seating. A rotational and stop mechanism is hidden in the armrest.
Development: SAQ, REX, Moroso, Quinze & Milan
Consultants: Theater Projects Consultants (TPC)
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
- Hand-drawn animated music video by Rosan…na Wan for Tom Rosenthal
- POL Oxygen redesign and Milan party invi…te
- Chair/Stool by Krystian Kowalski
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Lou Moria uses vacuum forming to create …recyclable shoes in seconds
- Domestic Animals by Guus Van Leeuwen
- Blueware Collection by Studio Glithero
- Sabi previews bathroom accessories range… by Barber and Osgerby's MAP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories