Polish Design Season: here's another Polish design classic. At Tent London last month designer Piotr Stolarski of Warsaw studio Gogo exhibited clock mechanisms embedded in a wooden plank so that consumers saw off however many they need.
Several clock mechanisms are embedded in each pine plank.
The project is a continuation of Stolarski's similar project where radios were installed in a pine log.
See all our stories about Polish Design Season in our special category.
Here's some more information from Stolarski:
Log Clock by Piotr Stolarski
Raw log of pinewood with clocks. Cut away as many as you need. Customize your clock by drawing digits on it.
Raw log of pinewood with built-in radios. Radios are cut-off from the log with hand saw. Involving the user in production process gives every radio unique and personal final touch. First you have to cut a desired amount of radios off tghe log, then you can customize your radio by drawing controls and digits and whatever you want.
Awarded at DMY International Design Festival 2008 - Juryís favourite selection.
- Nike Zvezdochka by Marc Newson
- AVL Glyder by Atelier Van Lieshout for L…ensvelt
- Shelters resembling giant pompoms by RAW… Design warm skaters on a frozen river
- In Situ by Julien Carretero
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and desks… for "experimental work landscape"
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- Watch Sculptures: Moments in Time by Dom…inic Wilcox
- Makr Shakr by Carlo Ratti and MIT Sensea…ble City Lab
- Seam Chair and Bench by Chris Kabel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories