Polish Design Season: here's another Polish design classic. At Tent London last month designer Piotr Stolarski of Warsaw studio Gogo exhibited clock mechanisms embedded in a wooden plank so that consumers saw off however many they need.
Several clock mechanisms are embedded in each pine plank.
The project is a continuation of Stolarski's similar project where radios were installed in a pine log.
See all our stories about Polish Design Season in our special category.
Here's some more information from Stolarski:
Log Clock by Piotr Stolarski
Raw log of pinewood with clocks. Cut away as many as you need. Customize your clock by drawing digits on it.
Raw log of pinewood with built-in radios. Radios are cut-off from the log with hand saw. Involving the user in production process gives every radio unique and personal final touch. First you have to cut a desired amount of radios off tghe log, then you can customize your radio by drawing controls and digits and whatever you want.
Awarded at DMY International Design Festival 2008 - Juryís favourite selection.
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 2
- Zanocchi & Starke combine desktop booken…d and battery-powered lamp
- Interview with Tord Boontje on RCA Inten…t show
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
- Neolione by Boadesign Studio
- Flat Surgery by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Medici collection by Konstantin Grcic fo…r Mattiazzi
- Capital headphones by KiBiSi for AIAIAI
- Famous works of art transformed into bui…ldings in Federico Babina’s Archist Series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories