Called Squares, the front of the piece is divided into squares of different sizes.
The surface is pollished using a technique traditionally used for finishing mirror stands in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan.
Drawers are only released if the central one is opened first.
Nosigner also launched a collection of modular furniture called Unit at Design Tide Tokyo (see our previous story).
See all our stories about Tokyo Designers Week in our special category.
Photographs are by HATTA.
Here's some text from Nosigner:
SQUARES jewelry case
There are rectangles which could make different size of squares, called 'Perfect Rectangles'. SQUARES are accessory cases which were designed by these rectangle.
The surface was polished by piano finish with sheepskin, which is a unique technique of making traditional mirror stand in Tokushima prefecture, Japan.
Whole drawers of SQUARES are not open until the center drawer is open. This is a traditional trick used for Japanese drawer.
(AWA : Kitatani x NOSIGNER)
- Conversations in Bronze at Carpenters Wo…rkshop Gallery
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- Refurbeasts project aims to rehabilitate… "taboo" fur coats
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilton
- Veloheld by neongrau.id
- Pleats by USIN-e
- MSDS Studio presents simple furniture an…d lighting collection in Stockholm
- Jack Albert Trew designs bicycle-powered… centrifuge to enable blood testing in rural Africa
- Origami headgear folded to resemble myth…ological creatures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories