Called Squares, the front of the piece is divided into squares of different sizes.
The surface is pollished using a technique traditionally used for finishing mirror stands in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan.
Drawers are only released if the central one is opened first.
Nosigner also launched a collection of modular furniture called Unit at Design Tide Tokyo (see our previous story).
See all our stories about Tokyo Designers Week in our special category.
Photographs are by HATTA.
Here's some text from Nosigner:
SQUARES jewelry case
There are rectangles which could make different size of squares, called 'Perfect Rectangles'. SQUARES are accessory cases which were designed by these rectangle.
The surface was polished by piano finish with sheepskin, which is a unique technique of making traditional mirror stand in Tokushima prefecture, Japan.
Whole drawers of SQUARES are not open until the center drawer is open. This is a traditional trick used for Japanese drawer.
(AWA : Kitatani x NOSIGNER)
- Phurniture shows Morel’s Computational… Chair
- Cape by Nendo for Offecct
- The Fourth-Dimension by Orawee Choedamph…ai
- KiBiSi launches cargo bike for urban com…muters
- Mini Clubvan Concept
- Wooden poles randomly strike the ground …at Zimoun's installation in New York
- The Smallest Show in Milan by FOC
- Nathalie Dackelid's "wooden tablecloth" …folds out to form table extensions
- Noah lighting by Bethan Gray for John Le…wis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories