Called Squares, the front of the piece is divided into squares of different sizes.
The surface is pollished using a technique traditionally used for finishing mirror stands in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan.
Drawers are only released if the central one is opened first.
Nosigner also launched a collection of modular furniture called Unit at Design Tide Tokyo (see our previous story).
See all our stories about Tokyo Designers Week in our special category.
Photographs are by HATTA.
Here's some text from Nosigner:
SQUARES jewelry case
There are rectangles which could make different size of squares, called 'Perfect Rectangles'. SQUARES are accessory cases which were designed by these rectangle.
The surface was polished by piano finish with sheepskin, which is a unique technique of making traditional mirror stand in Tokushima prefecture, Japan.
Whole drawers of SQUARES are not open until the center drawer is open. This is a traditional trick used for Japanese drawer.
(AWA : Kitatani x NOSIGNER)
- Prints by Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Super… Store
- Rollercoaster provides centrepiece for P…hilipp Plein catwalk
- R¿ng by Sruli Recht
- The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other… Side of the Fence by Christian Vivanco
- Mindcraft exhibition brings Danish craft… to Milan 2014
- Catenary Pottery Printer using analogue …parametric design by gt2P
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
- Modus Operandi by Matylda Krzykowski
- Cipria by Fernando and Humberto Campana …for Edra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories