Called Squares, the front of the piece is divided into squares of different sizes.
The surface is pollished using a technique traditionally used for finishing mirror stands in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan.
Drawers are only released if the central one is opened first.
Nosigner also launched a collection of modular furniture called Unit at Design Tide Tokyo (see our previous story).
See all our stories about Tokyo Designers Week in our special category.
Photographs are by HATTA.
Here's some text from Nosigner:
SQUARES jewelry case
There are rectangles which could make different size of squares, called 'Perfect Rectangles'. SQUARES are accessory cases which were designed by these rectangle.
The surface was polished by piano finish with sheepskin, which is a unique technique of making traditional mirror stand in Tokushima prefecture, Japan.
Whole drawers of SQUARES are not open until the center drawer is open. This is a traditional trick used for Japanese drawer.
(AWA : Kitatani x NOSIGNER)
- Orolog by Jaime Hayon launches exclusive…ly at Dezeen Watch Store pop-up
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Colo dishwasher by Peter Schwartz and He…lene Steiner
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected g…arden with Edyn
- Furniture by Outofstock
- Batucada light by Jahara Studio
- New Resin Series by Jo Nagasaka for Esta…blished & Sons
- Max Cooper's Origins music video explore…s the emergence of life
- TaliaYstudio turns colourful photography… filters into jewellery collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories