Designer David Taylor has created a pair of candlesticks each made of three silver tubes clamped together by a found plastic component to form a tripod.
The longer of the three tubes has been folded to form a vertical holder for the candle. See also: Kink furniture made of folded tubes by Osko+Deichmann.
Taylor has also created an LED lamp using the same clamp, folded tube and a found yellow shade.
The text below is from David Taylor:
My work with complimentary interior objects is made on a very small scale. Often made to order and place specific. This lamp utilises a dimmable LED unit giving a good reading light. The shade is plastic, cannabalized from a fleamarket find, as are the plastic construction elements. The candlesticks are made from silver, the light source here being of course a candle.
Made for a private client as part of a larger interior project.
- Designer Christmas cards
- Designed in Hackney: TN29 by Le Gun and …Tracey Neuls
- Acupuncture needles ripple across Izzy P…arker's Tactile Treatment cape
- Folder by Mikuláš Novotný
- Cappellini in Milan
- G-Star RAW Spring Summer 2014 collection… by Marc Newson
- Doomsday by Kacey Wong
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassina
- Nike combines Flyknit and 3D printing to… design American football boots
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories