Designer David Taylor has created a pair of candlesticks each made of three silver tubes clamped together by a found plastic component to form a tripod.
The longer of the three tubes has been folded to form a vertical holder for the candle. See also: Kink furniture made of folded tubes by Osko+Deichmann.
Taylor has also created an LED lamp using the same clamp, folded tube and a found yellow shade.
The text below is from David Taylor:
My work with complimentary interior objects is made on a very small scale. Often made to order and place specific. This lamp utilises a dimmable LED unit giving a good reading light. The shade is plastic, cannabalized from a fleamarket find, as are the plastic construction elements. The candlesticks are made from silver, the light source here being of course a candle.
Made for a private client as part of a larger interior project.
- Manufacturing the Timber Wave by AL_A an…d Arup
- Hexad by Tomoko Azumi
- Squeezophone 360 by Claudio Colucci
- Health-monitoring components designed fo…r Google's Project Ara modular smartphone
- Interview: Tai Ping collection by Andre… Fu
- Hall 11 at IMM Cologne by UNStudio
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- Watch Sculptures: Moments in Time by Dom…inic Wilcox
- Pininfarina fuses 1930s style with moder…n technology to produce bespoke bicycle
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories