Designer David Taylor has created a pair of candlesticks each made of three silver tubes clamped together by a found plastic component to form a tripod.
The longer of the three tubes has been folded to form a vertical holder for the candle. See also: Kink furniture made of folded tubes by Osko+Deichmann.
Taylor has also created an LED lamp using the same clamp, folded tube and a found yellow shade.
The text below is from David Taylor:
My work with complimentary interior objects is made on a very small scale. Often made to order and place specific. This lamp utilises a dimmable LED unit giving a good reading light. The shade is plastic, cannabalized from a fleamarket find, as are the plastic construction elements. The candlesticks are made from silver, the light source here being of course a candle.
Made for a private client as part of a larger interior project.
- Pen Pal by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
- Living Food by Minsu Kim
- Min-Kyu Choi wins Brit Insurance Design …of the Year Award 2010
- FLKS by Kapteinbolt
- Textile Field by Ronan & Erwan Bouroull…ec
- May Design Series 2015 to feature exhibi…tions of emerging talent
- Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Ö…rsjö Belysning
- Musician Gergely Bogányi offers a curva…ceous take on the traditional grand piano
- Road Workers and White Liners by Josh Bi…telli
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories