Designer David Taylor has created a pair of candlesticks each made of three silver tubes clamped together by a found plastic component to form a tripod.
The longer of the three tubes has been folded to form a vertical holder for the candle. See also: Kink furniture made of folded tubes by Osko+Deichmann.
Taylor has also created an LED lamp using the same clamp, folded tube and a found yellow shade.
The text below is from David Taylor:
My work with complimentary interior objects is made on a very small scale. Often made to order and place specific. This lamp utilises a dimmable LED unit giving a good reading light. The shade is plastic, cannabalized from a fleamarket find, as are the plastic construction elements. The candlesticks are made from silver, the light source here being of course a candle.
Made for a private client as part of a larger interior project.
- AM02 and AM03 Air Multiplier fans by Dys…on
- Tea with Georg by Scholten & Baijings fo…r Georg Jensen
- Back Room - Adults Only by Mike Meiré
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Net tables by Benjamin Hubert for Moroso
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
- Craftica by Formafantasma
- Papela by Meirav Barzilay
- Musician Gergely Bogányi offers a curva…ceous take on the traditional grand piano
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories