Designer David Taylor has created a pair of candlesticks each made of three silver tubes clamped together by a found plastic component to form a tripod.
The longer of the three tubes has been folded to form a vertical holder for the candle. See also: Kink furniture made of folded tubes by Osko+Deichmann.
Taylor has also created an LED lamp using the same clamp, folded tube and a found yellow shade.
The text below is from David Taylor:
My work with complimentary interior objects is made on a very small scale. Often made to order and place specific. This lamp utilises a dimmable LED unit giving a good reading light. The shade is plastic, cannabalized from a fleamarket find, as are the plastic construction elements. The candlesticks are made from silver, the light source here being of course a candle.
Made for a private client as part of a larger interior project.
- Bel-Air by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Studio Job & the Groninger Museum
- Meaningless Excitement Spring Summer 2…014 fashion collection by Y-3 and Peter Saville
- Studio Glithero at VIVID Gallery
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Brendan Mage…nnis
- Escapism by Daniel Widrig, Iris van He…rpen and .MGX by Materialise
- Repair It Yourself by Eugenia Morpurgo
- Naica ceramic lamp by Something for Li…gne Roset
- Zelfbouwboomhut by Aandeboom
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories