London designer James Laurie has cut the top of a drinking glass into a point so that it can be used to trap spiders in the corner of a room.
Called Cornered, the tumbler can still be used for drinking.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Frustrated with spiders and other insects trapping themselves within a corner of a room making it difficult to catch them, to counter this common problem a glass was designed to fit the shape of the corner.
A tumbler glass was cut and shaped to a right angle. The design also functions as a drinking glass.
- Pop Rivet by TAF at Bench 10
- Jonathan Barnbrook at the Design Museum
- The Bubble Project by Ji Lee
- Family by Kaman Tung
- Nendo, Starck and more reinterpret Karte…ll's Bourgie lamp
- Something designs lamp for Ligne Roset t…o look like a bellflower
- Hippo and Potamus by Mia Gammelgaard for… Blå Station
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- Industry by Tom Dixon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories