London designer James Laurie has cut the top of a drinking glass into a point so that it can be used to trap spiders in the corner of a room.
Called Cornered, the tumbler can still be used for drinking.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Frustrated with spiders and other insects trapping themselves within a corner of a room making it difficult to catch them, to counter this common problem a glass was designed to fit the shape of the corner.
A tumbler glass was cut and shaped to a right angle. The design also functions as a drinking glass.
- China Design Now by Tonkin Liu
- Packaging Lights by Anke Weiss
- Pinocchio by David Dolcini for Riva 1920
- G-Star Raw ferry
- Soft Light by Simon Frambach
- Interactive slideshow: Nordic designers …create furniture, lighting and accessories for Muuto
- New products by Discipline
- Lanterne Marine by BarberOsgerby for Ven…ini
- 11 of the best designs for coffee-lovers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories