London designer James Laurie has cut the top of a drinking glass into a point so that it can be used to trap spiders in the corner of a room.
Called Cornered, the tumbler can still be used for drinking.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Frustrated with spiders and other insects trapping themselves within a corner of a room making it difficult to catch them, to counter this common problem a glass was designed to fit the shape of the corner.
A tumbler glass was cut and shaped to a right angle. The design also functions as a drinking glass.
- Fabrica blends international tableware s…tyles in collection for Atipico
- Robots by Rusti D. at R 20th Century
- Open Tables Ecology by Working Architect…ure Group
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- Paul Smith upholsters classic furniture …designs by Hans J. Wegner in his signature stripes
- ThinPlug by Zihni Yalcin
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
- O10 by Guillaume Delvigne
- Design Art London 2007
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories