London designer James Laurie has cut the top of a drinking glass into a point so that it can be used to trap spiders in the corner of a room.
Called Cornered, the tumbler can still be used for drinking.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Frustrated with spiders and other insects trapping themselves within a corner of a room making it difficult to catch them, to counter this common problem a glass was designed to fit the shape of the corner.
A tumbler glass was cut and shaped to a right angle. The design also functions as a drinking glass.
- Alternative 2012 souvenirs
- Grindbakken by Rotor
- Paul Loebach creates tea set with labo…ratory glass
- Drawstring Lamp by Design Stories and …Returhuset
- Hugo Moreno animates retro-futuristic …city for Art Department music video
- Konstantin Grcic presents his vision o…f the future at Vitra Design Museum solo show
- A Century of Olympic Posters at the V&…A Museum of Childhood
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand… on fin-like legs
- Pico by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for M…utina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories