London designer James Laurie has cut the top of a drinking glass into a point so that it can be used to trap spiders in the corner of a room.
Called Cornered, the tumbler can still be used for drinking.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designer:
Frustrated with spiders and other insects trapping themselves within a corner of a room making it difficult to catch them, to counter this common problem a glass was designed to fit the shape of the corner.
A tumbler glass was cut and shaped to a right angle. The design also functions as a drinking glass.
- Miyako Andon at 100% Design Tokyo
- Pico by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for Mut…ina
- Invader Storage System by Maria Bruun
- SOFTlab installs colourful funneled cano…py in Melissa shoe shop
- Dune by Rainer Mutsch
- Slip-cast link light by Sarah Moucher
- Catcher by Joseph Joseph
- Surveillance Light by Per Emanuelsson an…d Bastian Bischoff
- Food and Design videos: Public Pie
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories