Milan 2010: Designer Robi Renzi of RenziVivian will present a series of cabinets assembled from a patchwork of salvaged wooden components in Milan later this month.
Called Armadiature, the pieces will be presented as part of an exhibition called Let It Shine at new exhibition space Skillart.
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The text that follows is from Skillart:
Skillart is a new exhibition space located in Milan and dedicated to the universe of design and applied arts. In the occasion of the 2010 Design Week, it presents a selection of one-off pieces by its artists, designers and creatives through the LET IT SHINE exhibition.
The premises consists in a two-floor open space, overlooking five large and well-lit windows in the pleasant arcade connecting Via Turati and Via Manin, near Piazza Cavour in downtown Milan (about 300 metres from La Scala theatre).
The pieces on show include: Renzi Reale’s new “armadiature” (cupboards), designed for RenziVivian and composed by salvaged material items used as if they were the pieces of a very contemporary puzzle, Licia Martelli’s tropical garden, a series of full-scale ceramic cactuses to bring a few elements of surprise into your home or garden, Alex Turco’ s new works, the result of an innovative project merging parallel worlds, and Dusciana Bravura’s elegant and precious mosaics, laying harmonies of shapes and colours on joyful animated three-dimensional structures.
- Kristine Five Melvær experiments with… glass blowing to create Graphic Vases
- Log Table by Trust in Design
- Bosco by Andrea Branzi for Superego
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigi…usz Truchanowicz
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and des…ks for "experimental work landscape"
- New furniture by Pinch
- Manipulated light projections become 3…D-printed jewellery with Tactum
- Zarb Champagne by THEY
- Designed in Hackney: Falling Lightby T…roika
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories