Designer Sophie Duran of Rotterdam has created a collection of facial jewellery including these lips that can be inflated with a hand pump.
Called The Imperfectionist, the series also includes a blue moustache and spectacle frames with a handle to wind false eyelashes up and down.
Here's some more information from Duran:
‘ Imperfection gives expression, expression gives power of attraction.’
Plastic surgery and media influences are examples why people all over the world are beginning to look more the same. That is a waste! It is scientifically proved, the more average, the less attractive. Individual unique characteristics make people attractive.
Therefore, I designed four jewels for the face; with these the user can define the intensity of his expression.
With a pump, you can blow up your lips in any desirable dimension, you can attach chains to a grill in the corners of your mouth, a blue moustache can be curled in different heights and meters of lashes can be wind up.
|Corpus 2.0 by
|Companion Parrot by
- Windoil by Dave Hakkens
- Roulade Sofa by KiBiSi for Versus
- Daniel Buren installs mirrors and colour…ed glass on Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse rooftop
- PIG 05049 by Christien Meindertsma
- Dezeen’s top ten: watches and clocks
- La Divina Commedia by Niels Van Eijk & M…iriam van der Lubbe
- Movie: Omer Arbel on "making chandeliers… on an agricultural farm"
- Design Museum drops Designer of Year sho…w
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories