Designer Sophie Duran of Rotterdam has created a collection of facial jewellery including these lips that can be inflated with a hand pump.
Called The Imperfectionist, the series also includes a blue moustache and spectacle frames with a handle to wind false eyelashes up and down.
Here's some more information from Duran:
‘ Imperfection gives expression, expression gives power of attraction.’
Plastic surgery and media influences are examples why people all over the world are beginning to look more the same. That is a waste! It is scientifically proved, the more average, the less attractive. Individual unique characteristics make people attractive.
Therefore, I designed four jewels for the face; with these the user can define the intensity of his expression.
With a pump, you can blow up your lips in any desirable dimension, you can attach chains to a grill in the corners of your mouth, a blue moustache can be curled in different heights and meters of lashes can be wind up.
|Corpus 2.0 by
|Companion Parrot by
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney Ja…pan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
- Transitory Bookshelf by Robert Stadler
- Bulb Fiction pendant lamp by KiBiSi
- TZOA wearable environment tracker measur…es UV and air pollution
- Footwear by Zaha Hadid for Lacoste
- Phonebloks mobile phone concept by Dave …Hakkens
- Nordic Mediterranean collection for Forn…asarig
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work with… "a list of designers"
- Eveline Visser at My Way talks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories