Called Black Forest, the design was shown by Outofstock with a stainless steel top in Cologne last year (see our earlier story).
The circular table-top sits on two interlocking Y-shaped legs.
Photographs are by Ligne Roset.
Here's some text from the designers:
Black Forest table by Outofstock is now in production with Ligne Roset and was exhibited by the French manufacturer at the Rho Milan Fairgrounds last month. The first version of the table, with a stainless-steel mirrored top, was first launched at IMM Cologne 2010 in January. Ligne Roset followed up by releasing the all-black version of the table at Milan Design Week.
This table is inspired by memories of the forest. The sculpted legs reminds one of tree branches, two interlocking Y-shaped junctions forming a stable support. An asymmetric top completes the table. Dimensions in mm – 600 (width) x 720 (height) x 540 (depth)
Outofstock is a design collective born out of a fortuitous meeting in Stockholm, hence the name Outofstock. Gabriel Tan and Wendy Chua from Singapore, Gustavo Maggio from Argentina and Sebastián Alberdi from Spain met at Electrolux Design Lab 2005. They decided to collaborate in 2006 and what began as a cross-cultural creative experiment eventually became an integrated studio offering interior, furniture and product design services from offices in Singapore and Barcelona. Their clients include Ligne Roset, Bolia and Foundry.
|Game of Trust by
|More furniture stories
- Metamorphose by Alexa Lixfeld
- Phoebe Kowalska layers neoprene and nylo…n to create protective clothing
- Repacked by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Tim van de Weerd's Monstera plant pots b…alance on spindly legs
- Night & Day by Patricia Urquiola for Mol…teni&C
- Zero Gravity by Fly-Pitcher
- Fashion collection woven from Uruguayan …wool by Mercedes Arocena and Lucía Benítez
- Pebble by Osko+Deichmann
- Holzbank by Thomas Schnur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories