Called Black Forest, the design was shown by Outofstock with a stainless steel top in Cologne last year (see our earlier story).
The circular table-top sits on two interlocking Y-shaped legs.
Photographs are by Ligne Roset.
Here's some text from the designers:
Black Forest table by Outofstock is now in production with Ligne Roset and was exhibited by the French manufacturer at the Rho Milan Fairgrounds last month. The first version of the table, with a stainless-steel mirrored top, was first launched at IMM Cologne 2010 in January. Ligne Roset followed up by releasing the all-black version of the table at Milan Design Week.
This table is inspired by memories of the forest. The sculpted legs reminds one of tree branches, two interlocking Y-shaped junctions forming a stable support. An asymmetric top completes the table. Dimensions in mm – 600 (width) x 720 (height) x 540 (depth)
Outofstock is a design collective born out of a fortuitous meeting in Stockholm, hence the name Outofstock. Gabriel Tan and Wendy Chua from Singapore, Gustavo Maggio from Argentina and Sebastián Alberdi from Spain met at Electrolux Design Lab 2005. They decided to collaborate in 2006 and what began as a cross-cultural creative experiment eventually became an integrated studio offering interior, furniture and product design services from offices in Singapore and Barcelona. Their clients include Ligne Roset, Bolia and Foundry.
|Game of Trust by
|More furniture stories
- Multi-sensorial Gastronomy by Philips De…sign
- Telling Tales at the V&A
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Balance table by Raw Color for Arco
- Marcel Wanders for Marks & Spencer
- Honken furniture for Blå Station is des…igned to acquire "a beautiful patina of history"
- Copy and Authorship by Lucas Verweij
- Mondaine Evo Quartz now in at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Design Real at the Serpentine Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories