The collection of nine pieces was originally created in the 1950s and 1960s, and has been re-issued by the gallery in collaboration with UK furniture makers Benchmark.
The series includes chairs, a desk, coffee tables and an upholstered bench, and was made under supervision of Risom, now in his nineties.
The show opens 2 July and continues until 4 September.
Here's some more information from Rocket:
An exhibition of furniture by the Danish-born American designer Jens Risom to launch the new Rocket/Benchmark collection of mid-century classics.
At ninety-four years of age the designer JENS RISOM has collaborated with Rocket and Benchmark, who have jointly secured the European rights to re-issue his 1950s and 1960s furniture designs.
This first collection of nine pieces has been creatively directed by Jonathan Stephenson of Rocket and made by Benchmark in their Dorset and Berkshire workshops – with the close supervision of Risom himself.
The group of furniture released by Rocket includes an easy chair, a side chair, a desk, various coffee tables, two magazine tables and Risom's famous upholstered bench. These will be exhibited in a mixture of oak and walnut versions and upholstered in a variety of Kvadrat fabrics and Elmo leathers.
|Cornell Boxes by
|Sedia 1 – Chair
by Enzo Mari
- Design Miami seeks nominations for 2008 …Designer of the Future
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form o…verlapping grid patterns
- Decanterlight by Lee Broom at The Tempor…ium
- "It's easy for young designers to get st…uck in Berlin"
- Gravity Pearl by NOSIGNER
- Coral by Studio Aisslinger
- Carafe and water filter by Soma
- The crash was "very healthy" for collect…ible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
- New Shadow Monsters video
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories