The collection of nine pieces was originally created in the 1950s and 1960s, and has been re-issued by the gallery in collaboration with UK furniture makers Benchmark.
The series includes chairs, a desk, coffee tables and an upholstered bench, and was made under supervision of Risom, now in his nineties.
The show opens 2 July and continues until 4 September.
Here's some more information from Rocket:
An exhibition of furniture by the Danish-born American designer Jens Risom to launch the new Rocket/Benchmark collection of mid-century classics.
At ninety-four years of age the designer JENS RISOM has collaborated with Rocket and Benchmark, who have jointly secured the European rights to re-issue his 1950s and 1960s furniture designs.
This first collection of nine pieces has been creatively directed by Jonathan Stephenson of Rocket and made by Benchmark in their Dorset and Berkshire workshops – with the close supervision of Risom himself.
The group of furniture released by Rocket includes an easy chair, a side chair, a desk, various coffee tables, two magazine tables and Risom's famous upholstered bench. These will be exhibited in a mixture of oak and walnut versions and upholstered in a variety of Kvadrat fabrics and Elmo leathers.
|Cornell Boxes by
|Sedia 1 – Chair
by Enzo Mari
- Thomas Feichtner sculpts chair from ca…rbon-fibre sheets
- Gift light by Stuart Haygarth
- DIY Lampshades by Mostlikely
- Bench by Richard Shed for Bench 10
- Wrapping a Thonet Chair by Matthias Pl…iessnig
- Heirloom by Benjamin Graindorge for Mo…ustache
- Ron Arad adds two sofa designs to Moro…so collection
- Proton by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Public Office Landscape by Fuseproject… for Herman Miller
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories