Here are the 18 winning entries from the Dezeen x Design Association container design competition to win a free exhibition space in Tokyo during Tokyo Designers Week 2010.
Top image: Diversity Hotspot by Art’eria. Above: Studio PET-pet by Bea Molnár.
Dezeen teamed up with Design Association in Japan to give designers free exhibition space at the Environmental Design and Art Container Exhibition in Tokyo from 29 October to 3 November this year.
Above: Environment of Present by Rad Louda & W_RKSHP_P.
Each of the 18 winners will be given a free 20ft container space at the Environmental Container Exhibition at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo, plus an installation and construction budget of up to 300,000 Yen for international winners and 200,000 for Japanese winners.
Above: Urbanitis by Peter Brown, Alasdair McNab and Bernard Zammit.
The seven winners from Japan are:
- Akiko Hino
- Field Four Design Office
- Smile Park and Sunnyside Garage
- SOL style
- MU + a (Miyamoto Kazuyuki , Suzuki Masahiro)
- Hiroka Nakano
Above: Eclipse by Honey.
The eleven international winners are:
- Art’eria Studio (Hungary)
- 24° Studio (America)
- Honey (UK)
- Peter Brown, Alasdair McNab and Bernard Zammit. (UK)
- Bea Molnár (Hungary)
- Rad Louda & W_RKSHP_P.(Belgium)
- Shok Wan Ho and Chih Wen Chaw. (Singapore)
- Hyojin Kwon and Changyeop Lee. (Republic of Korea)
- Allegory and Aurore Baulier. (Switzerland and France respectively)
- Noa Haim. (Netherlands)
- Aoki Takashi and Alexander Peverett (Japan and UK respectively)
Above: Luxury Brand Konbini by Shok Wan Ho and Chih Wen Chaw.
More details about the competition in our earlier post.
Above: Destruction of the Environment by Hyojin Kwon and Changyeop Lee.
See the installations by last year’s winners in here.
Above: L’ Effet Papillon by Allegory and Aurore Baulier.
Above: Hope Tree by 24° Studio.
Above: Rerelease Earth by SOL style.
Above: Visible Wind Art by Smile Park and Sunnyside Garage.
Above: Songs for oblivion fishermen VII by Aoki Takashi and Alexander Peverett.
Above: Collective Paper Aesthetics by Noa Haim (click for larger image).
Above: Knock by Daglight.
Above: Yorushinobu by Field Four Design Office.
Above: Personal Landmark by Hiroka Nakano (Click above for larger image).
Above: Smiling water, Dancing heart by MU + a.
Above: Dancing Information by Akiko Hino
|Dezeen x Design Association
design competition 2009
|Dezeen x Design Association
design competition 2010
- Quart lamp by Rich Brilliant Willing c…ombines marble, aluminium and wood
- Crumpled City by Palomar at The Tempor…ium
- Studio Swine's Meteorite Shoes simulat…e space debris
- Leo, Houdini, Eugene and Dash by Stefa…n Diez
- Heimlicht by Leoni Werle
- Norwegian Presence exhibition showcase…s products at Milan design week
- Bruise suit shows para-athletes where …they are injured
- Nendo's solo exhibition in Milan to sh…owcase chairs that mix printed and natural grains
- Creatures, Corona and Pacis by Nigel C…oates for Slamp
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories