Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- Campana brothers bring "nature indoors" …with bristly installation
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit features colour…-coordinated weapons
- The Bubble Project by Ji Lee
- Fabrica reinterprets everyday objects fo…r Extra-Ordinary Gallery at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Pogo connectors by Jon Patterson
- Sara Lee headquarters by Marco Hemmerlin…g
- Tea Sets by Christine Misiak
- United Nude Shoes by Rem D Koolhaas and …Galahad Clark
- Silverware by Glithero
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories