Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- CSYS by Jake Dyson
- Dezeen Platform: Stewy
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Essence Collection by MSB
- Dezeen's green design selection in the I…ndependent on Sunday
- Growing products from fungus could be th…e start of a "biotechnological revolution"
- Meike Harde's metal-mesh Hybrid Cabinet …displays and protects its contents
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Nara by Shin Azumi for Fredericia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories