Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- Floatastic by Qastic
- Sezz Collection by Christophe Pillet for… Emeco
- DNA furniture by Tjep. and Dutch DNA
- All Lovely Stuff by Carl Clerkin and Ed …Ward
- Design Museum Collection App: electrical… products
- Colour-changing ink transforms flame-eng…ulfed headdress by Lauren Bowker
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
- Frozen in Time by Studio Wieki Somers at… Galerie Kreo
- Reframe by Paul Scales and Atelier Kit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories