Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- Unexpected Welcome sketches by Moooi
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna Laur…ens
- B Bench by Konstantin Grcic for BD Barce…lona Design
- Tin Man No. 11 by Kacey Wong
- Vera, Chapter One by KM and ÉM
- Studio Nienke Hoogvliet uses algae yarn …to create Sea Me rug
- Haarwerk by Hackenbroich Architekten
- Luminous red arches by LIKEarchitects in…stalled at Portuguese palace
- Artikcar by Ben Wilson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories