Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- Madrid installs moon-themed Christmas li…ghts
- Harry by Eric Jourdan for Ligne Roset
- Max Fraser at Lab Craft
- Recycled Toy Furniture by Greg Lynn
- Tie-break by Bertjan Pot for Richard Lam…pert
- Wrong Shop Editions at twentytwentyone
- 3D-printed dress for Dita Von Teese by M…ichael Schmidt and Francis Bitonti
- St. Bartholomew’s Church by Maxim Velc…ovsky
- Drop Chandelier by Stuart Haygarth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories