Frankfurt designer Kai Linke has created a series of vases and side tables by sand-blasting timber to enhance the texture of the grain then casting the resulting shapes in ceramic.
Linke presented the new pieces in his ongoing Blasted Familii series at Tendence fair in Frankfurt last month.
"Blasted Familii is a series of simple, blasted objects made out of spruce wood," he explains.
"The objects appear to be rough and aged but at the same time the wooden relief tells another story."
by Kai Linke
with Kai Linke
- Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 19…70-1990 at the V&A
- Resident to launch furniture and light…ing collection in Milan
- Docks en Seine Signage by Nicolas Vrig…naud
- Designed in Hackney: Leutton Postle AW…12 collection
- Table-Palette by Kiki van Eijk
- Pieke Bergmans for Al Sabah Art & Desi…gn Collection
- Movie: Nike Zoom Superfly R4
- Christian Louboutin Mount Street Windo…w by Studio XAG
- Tom Dixon in Trafalgar Square movie
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories