Top and above photographs are by Sadao Hotta Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
Each bench comprises two or more folded stainless steel elements joined together to support each other.
Above photograph is by Kuniya Oyamada Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
All photographs are by Mount Fuji Architects Studio unless stated otherwise.
Here’s some more from the designers:
“in flakes” / street furniture in ARTS TOWADA -
Towada city has snowflakes floating around in winter, cherry blossoms floating around in spring, sunlight sifting down through the trees in summer, leaves floating around autumn, and artworks spreading over the city. There is always something floating around through the city’s clear air.
“in flakes” is made of stainless steel with its surface polished like a mirror. So, it reflects many kinds of things in Towada city.
|Pop Rivet by TAF
at Bench 10
|Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode||Poetic License
- Francis Bitonti creates pixellated 3D-pr…inted shoes using cellular automation
- Chairs for the Dysfunctional by Alice Wa…ng
- Dezeen in the Czech Republic: Daniel Pir…čš, Studio Pirsc Porcelain
- Les Astronautes fills Quebec passageway …with swimming pool toys
- Tokyo Table by Loïc Bard
- Seamless collection by Zaha Hadid
- Ovale cutlery by Ronan and Erwan Bouroul…lec for Alessi
- Black Gold homeware collection by Quintu…s Kropholler is made of tarmac
- Glithero patterns fabric using organ mus…ic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories