Top and above photographs are by Sadao Hotta Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
Each bench comprises two or more folded stainless steel elements joined together to support each other.
Above photograph is by Kuniya Oyamada Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
All photographs are by Mount Fuji Architects Studio unless stated otherwise.
Here’s some more from the designers:
“in flakes” / street furniture in ARTS TOWADA -
Towada city has snowflakes floating around in winter, cherry blossoms floating around in spring, sunlight sifting down through the trees in summer, leaves floating around autumn, and artworks spreading over the city. There is always something floating around through the city’s clear air.
“in flakes” is made of stainless steel with its surface polished like a mirror. So, it reflects many kinds of things in Towada city.
|Pop Rivet by TAF
at Bench 10
|Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode||Poetic License
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Kazadokei by Nendo
- Público gets Guardian-style makeover
- Tokujin Yoshioka launches mobile phone
- Float by Karim Rashid for Sancal
- 100% Inspiration: Richard Shed
- Lullaby Factory by Studio Weave
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories