Top and above photographs are by Sadao Hotta Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
Each bench comprises two or more folded stainless steel elements joined together to support each other.
Above photograph is by Kuniya Oyamada Courtesy of Nanjo and Associate.
All photographs are by Mount Fuji Architects Studio unless stated otherwise.
Here’s some more from the designers:
“in flakes” / street furniture in ARTS TOWADA -
Towada city has snowflakes floating around in winter, cherry blossoms floating around in spring, sunlight sifting down through the trees in summer, leaves floating around autumn, and artworks spreading over the city. There is always something floating around through the city’s clear air.
“in flakes” is made of stainless steel with its surface polished like a mirror. So, it reflects many kinds of things in Towada city.
|Pop Rivet by TAF
at Bench 10
|Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode||Poetic License
- Q4 Cradle by Made by Midas
- Little Disk Program by Industrial Facili…ty
- Isle Lounge (small) by Asobi
- Tapehook by Torafu Architects
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
- i3 Concept and i8 Concept by BMW
- Takaya incorporates taxidermy into botan…ical headdresses
- Wear a representation of your favourite …narcotic around your neck
- Fundamentals of Makkum by Atelier NL for… Royal Tichelaar Makkum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories