Originally designed in 2004 and named after a russian dog sent into space in 1961, the shoes feature a flexible outer cage enclosing a replaceable mesh boot.
The limited edition is available in the same colourways as the boat.
The information that follows is from NIKE:
Nike Sportswear presents the NIKE ZVEZDOCHKA by MARC NEWSON
In honor of the opening of “Transport”, an exhibition that brings together Marc Newson’s extensive works on transportation and human locomotion, NIKE and Marc Newson will produce a limited run of the NIKE Zvezdochka. Taking its name from the Russian Dog who ventured into space aboard the Sputnik 10 in 1961, the NIKE Zvezdochka was originally conceived in 2004 from Newson’s fascination with space travel and the rigorous exercise required of cosmonauts in the depths of outer space.
“Transport” will premiere the Aquariva by Marc Newson, Newson’s reinterpretation of the iconic leisure speedboat. To celebrate Newson’s work NIKE will release the NIKE Zvezdochka, directly inspired by the color characteristics of the Aquariva by Marc Newson. The shoe comes in two unique color combinations of Grey/Mahogany and Grey/Aegean blue and features a pliant outer cage with an interchangeable mesh bootie as with the original release.
On September 13th, the NIKE Zvezdochka by Marc Newson will be available exclusively at the Gagosian Shop, New York, 988 Madison Ave, M-Sun10am-7pm and the day following at Nike Sportswear, 21 Mercer Street, M-Sat 11am-7pm, Sun 12pm-6pm.
“Transport" opens on September 14th at Gagosian Gallery, 522 West 21st Street in New York City and will remain on view through October 16th 2010.
|Marc Newson for
|Marc Newson at Gagosian
Gallery in London
- Volvo's reflective Life Paint turns bicy…cles and clothes into high-visibility objects
- Single Person Cooker by Alex Bradley
- Lampada by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Nathalie Dackelid's "wooden tablecloth" …folds out to form table extensions
- Seatylock is a bicycle seat that is also… a removable bike lock
- Marine Light by Nir Meiri
- James Lee designs Paperclip Armrest to e…nd elbow grapples on the plane
- Magnets connect Ilya Tkach's two-part de…sk lamp
- Super Contemporary interviews: Neville B…rody
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories