Originally designed in 2004 and named after a russian dog sent into space in 1961, the shoes feature a flexible outer cage enclosing a replaceable mesh boot.
The limited edition is available in the same colourways as the boat.
The information that follows is from NIKE:
Nike Sportswear presents the NIKE ZVEZDOCHKA by MARC NEWSON
In honor of the opening of “Transport”, an exhibition that brings together Marc Newson’s extensive works on transportation and human locomotion, NIKE and Marc Newson will produce a limited run of the NIKE Zvezdochka. Taking its name from the Russian Dog who ventured into space aboard the Sputnik 10 in 1961, the NIKE Zvezdochka was originally conceived in 2004 from Newson’s fascination with space travel and the rigorous exercise required of cosmonauts in the depths of outer space.
“Transport” will premiere the Aquariva by Marc Newson, Newson’s reinterpretation of the iconic leisure speedboat. To celebrate Newson’s work NIKE will release the NIKE Zvezdochka, directly inspired by the color characteristics of the Aquariva by Marc Newson. The shoe comes in two unique color combinations of Grey/Mahogany and Grey/Aegean blue and features a pliant outer cage with an interchangeable mesh bootie as with the original release.
On September 13th, the NIKE Zvezdochka by Marc Newson will be available exclusively at the Gagosian Shop, New York, 988 Madison Ave, M-Sun10am-7pm and the day following at Nike Sportswear, 21 Mercer Street, M-Sat 11am-7pm, Sun 12pm-6pm.
“Transport" opens on September 14th at Gagosian Gallery, 522 West 21st Street in New York City and will remain on view through October 16th 2010.
|Marc Newson for
|Marc Newson at Gagosian
Gallery in London
- Grappa chandelier by Claesson Koivisto… Rune hangs in strings of grape-like forms
- Paul Smith upholsters classic furnitur…e designs by Hans J. Wegner in his signature stripes
- Pinocchio by David Dolcini for Riva 19…20
- Good ideas glow in the dark by Bruketa…&Žinić and Brigada
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies …take the form of Italian landmarks
- Advances in digital interfaces will le…ad to a "new beginning in music"
- Arne Quinze at Swarovski Crystal Palac…e
- Fresh by Victor Vetterlein
- Moon by Matthias Demacker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories