Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Sisii showroom by Yuko Nagayama & Associ…ates is interspersed with rockeries
- Norm Architects creates "village" of whi…te cubes inside &tradition showroom
- Panscape 2jo by Ninkipen!
- Aesop Ginza by Schemata Architecture Off…ice
- A Gust of Wind by Paul Cocksedge
- Softroom completes a restaurant in the B…ritish Museum's Great Court
- Sowa Unit by Kensuke Watanabe
- Nature Factory by Makoto Tanijiri
- St. Bartholomew’s Church by Maxim Velc…ovsky
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories