Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Penthouse apartment by Lecarolimited
- Coven by Marcelo Alvarenga
- Walmart office in Brazil has a crazy g…olf course on the roof
- Marcel Wanders for Villa Moda in Bahra…in
- Loft apartment with super-thin stairca…ses by ADN Architectures
- Sotto Sotto by HRC Design Works
- The Martian Embassy by LAVA, Will O'Ro…urke and The Glue Society
- Studio Job's Futopia Faena exhibition …includes stained glass windows and a roller disco
- Ta Lee Plaza by UNStudio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories