Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Glass office for Soho China by Aim Archi…tecture
- Paco Roncero's workshop by Carmen Baselg…a Taller de Proyectos
- Red Town Office by Taranta Creations
- Mexican library renovation by Taller 6A …features bookshop covered in boxes
- Mondrian South Beach by Marcel Wanders
- Replay by Vertical Garden Design and Stu…dio 10
- Egota305 by Minkus Architects Tokyo
- House of Dust by Antonino Cardillo
- Susana Solano exhibition by Cadaval & So…là-Morales
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories