Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Nafi by SÜDQUAI patente.unikate. and ZM…IK
- The Dolls House by Edwards Moore
- Lab Craft at Tent London
- White Space orthodontic clinic with Cori…an walls by Bureauhub
- Stitch Room by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Chalet Béranger By Noé Duchaufour Lawr…ance
- AOL Offices by Studio O+A
- Mission Bicycle Store by Grayscaled Desi…gn
- Cafe Sonja by PostlerFerguson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories