Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- CaSA renovates Rocha Apartment with an a…ssortment of tiles
- Ryo Matsui's Hairdo salon has a transpar…ent house-shaped facade
- Jade Museum by Archi-Union
- Box-like staircase forms a centrepiece i…nside Bazar Noir concept store
- Arkwright office by Haptic features slat…ted staircase emulating rock formations
- Blu Apple by Budi Pradono architects
- Thomas Kröger Architekt suspends copper… cuboids from Berlin restaurant ceiling
- Information Centre at the Groninger Muse…um by Jaime Hayón
- Hiroyuki Ogawa Architects opts for "tran…quility and kindness" with Fuji Pharmacy interior
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories