Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Jaffa Flat by Pitsou Kedem
- Studio Tilt creates flexible interior fo…r Proud Archivist cafe and events space
- 395 Page Mill Road by Studio O+A
- Suppose Design Office creates Hiroshima …hotel complex targeted at cyclists
- Pinterest's San Francisco headquarters b…y All of the Above and First Office
- Apartment Refurbishment in Barcelona by …M2arquitectura
- Zigzags dominate in Zeller & Moye's Berl…in boutique for ODEEH
- Everyday Chaa by MAEZM and Sarah Kim
- Ministry of Design transforms five Malay…sian shophouses into a boutique hotel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories