Called CANDIDO1859, the project features a central round table with a reflective glass top, which allows light to penetrate through to the floor below.
Bent metal wires meander through the space.
Photographs are by Francesco Prato.
The information that follows is from LOLA:
CANDIDO1859 – Department Store
The last of three floors, the men's department of Candido (opened 1859) is among the first designer-label stores to open in Southern Italy.
The mirrored ceiling heightens a space which grabs the visitor before enticing them down a coloured path of light.
The raised central patio, which central round table works as skylight for the lower main hall, modifies the surrounding space through a combination of perspective and illusion, one blue tumbling into another.
|Centre for Paper Restoration
|Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv
- Dissecting the Dandy by Form Us With Lov…e
- 6T7 Espai Cafe by MSB Estudi Taller
- Aesop Newbury Street by William O’Brie…n Jr.
- Los Soprano by Pedro Scattarella
- Glass, timber and stone showroom created… by Toyo Ito for Kinnasand's "sensitive fabric"
- RGB by Carnovsky at DreamBags JaguarShoe…s
- Yusuke Seki's second kimono store pairs …patterned fabrics with raw materials
- Catholic Church in Geroldswil by Stemmle… Architekten
- Black Pearl by Studio Rolf.fr with Zecc …Architecten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories