Marc Dibeh of Lebanon has designed a table-top lamp with a sex toy stowed in its side.
Called Love the Bird, a bird perched on a vibrator doubles up as a sex toy and a switch for the lamp, determining the colour of the light when inserted.
The lamp is yellow with the switch inserted and turns red when removed.
The object was designed to provide a sex toy hidden in an everyday object that could be sold in shops without taboo.
The following information is from Dibeh:
Love the bird by Marc Dibeh
In certain countries (like in the middle east i.e.) sex toys are taboo and their shops are forbidden, so the point was to create a sex toy hidden in an element that could be sold in the shop front of a home accessories boutique.
The choice was to have a bedside lamp with an integrated sex toy. The lamp was the solution due to its size, its place near the bed and its light which could set the mood of the room.
This way anyone could think that it’s a simple table lamp without doubting that the item hides a naughty little secret. The “bird” became a switch determining the color of the light depending on its use. This way the lamp turns on yellow, and during the use of the hidden toy, the light turns red.
|Love Design by
- Quell & Company designs iPhone dock to b…e "at home in the home"
- The Makings of Luxury accessories collec…tion demonstrates contemporary craft techniques
- "Should designers look after production …themselves - or sell their ideas?"
- Charming Disaster
- LunaTik at Dezeen Watch Store in New Yo…rk
- Glen Baghurst's debut furniture range fu…ses cultural influences
- Movisi launches Peter Marigold shelving
- Bathrooms aren't getting bigger; good de…sign is about "optimising the space"
- Neri&Hu for De La Espada
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories