Marc Dibeh of Lebanon has designed a table-top lamp with a sex toy stowed in its side.
Called Love the Bird, a bird perched on a vibrator doubles up as a sex toy and a switch for the lamp, determining the colour of the light when inserted.
The lamp is yellow with the switch inserted and turns red when removed.
The object was designed to provide a sex toy hidden in an everyday object that could be sold in shops without taboo.
The following information is from Dibeh:
Love the bird by Marc Dibeh
In certain countries (like in the middle east i.e.) sex toys are taboo and their shops are forbidden, so the point was to create a sex toy hidden in an element that could be sold in the shop front of a home accessories boutique.
The choice was to have a bedside lamp with an integrated sex toy. The lamp was the solution due to its size, its place near the bed and its light which could set the mood of the room.
This way anyone could think that it’s a simple table lamp without doubting that the item hides a naughty little secret. The “bird” became a switch determining the color of the light depending on its use. This way the lamp turns on yellow, and during the use of the hidden toy, the light turns red.
|Love Design by
- Still Life with Light by Martí Guixé
- Kaki side tables by Kenyon Yeh
- Tyvek World by Luis Eslava and Diego R…amos
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashi…on to furniture
- Mr. Matsumoto at Paul Smith
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Laundry Room Collection by Terry Dwan …for Riva 1920
- Different glasses stack together in Di…ng3000's La Famiglia set
- Philippe Malouin creates "super soft" …foam chair for Established & Sons
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories