Marc Dibeh of Lebanon has designed a table-top lamp with a sex toy stowed in its side.
Called Love the Bird, a bird perched on a vibrator doubles up as a sex toy and a switch for the lamp, determining the colour of the light when inserted.
The lamp is yellow with the switch inserted and turns red when removed.
The object was designed to provide a sex toy hidden in an everyday object that could be sold in shops without taboo.
The following information is from Dibeh:
Love the bird by Marc Dibeh
In certain countries (like in the middle east i.e.) sex toys are taboo and their shops are forbidden, so the point was to create a sex toy hidden in an element that could be sold in the shop front of a home accessories boutique.
The choice was to have a bedside lamp with an integrated sex toy. The lamp was the solution due to its size, its place near the bed and its light which could set the mood of the room.
This way anyone could think that it’s a simple table lamp without doubting that the item hides a naughty little secret. The “bird” became a switch determining the color of the light depending on its use. This way the lamp turns on yellow, and during the use of the hidden toy, the light turns red.
|Love Design by
- Edible water bottle replaces plastic wit…h algae
- Catwalk for Up [øpp] by Gartnerfuglen A…rchitects
- Alternative Alarm Clock by Ki Hyun Kim
- Titan digital pocket watch by Ziiiro now… in stock at Dezeen Watch Store
- Shrub by Zhili Liu
- Bote by Big-Game for Materia
- Perles necklace collection by Ronan and …Erwan Bouroullec
- City Dog Adventure by Maartje Dros
- Coquille Sofa by Markus Johansson resemb…les the curved form of a shell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories