This beauty salon with faceted walls is located within a hotel in central Singapore, and was designed by Japanese designer Teruhiro Yanagihara.
Designed for Japanese hair-dressing chain LIM (Less Is More), the interior space is divided up into three different zones - reception, cutting and shampooing areas - by the faceted structure.
Movable panels with mirrors on them fold out of the wall in the cutting area and can be moved back to create an open space for events and concerts.
The salon can also double up as a gallery, with a small dedicated space located in the timber reception area.
Photographs are by Choo.
Here's some more information from the architects:
KIZUKI, the latest branch of the rapidly growing japanese company Less is More is located in the prestigious Raffles Hotel in the center of Singapore.
The very contemporary setting, merged into the large, history-charged space, reflects the spirit of the young japanese stylists, who came to tropically hot Singapore with their 'cool' styles and ideas.
A 'glacier'-like structure dominates the space and separates it into reception, cutting and shampooing area. In the cutting area, large pivotable wings with mirrors fold out of the wall.
When they are closed flush into the wall, the room becomes a spacious location for events and concerts. The timbered reception 'hut', includes a small gallery space that works as a platform for local artist.
|MS café by
|Lim Code by
- Bestor Architecture uses primary colours… in Beats by Dre headquarters
- Google Web Lab by Universal Design Studi…o and MAP
- Prayer Chapel by Gensler
- Tangling by Akihisa Hirata
- Heart of Shapes by Keiko + Manabu
- Centro Interpretação do Românico Pare…des by Spaceworkers
- Miel Arquitectos and Studio P10 design B…arcelona apartment for "shared micro living"
- ON Headquarters with a pool of oil in th…e lobby by LSA Arquitectos and BLANCASMORAN
- The Traffic of Clouds by Hackenbroich Ar…chitekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories