Called Serpentine, the design turns metal outdoor seating into a cosy cocoon for long summer evenings.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event »
The details below are from Eléonore Nalet:
Serpentine is an armchair designed for sitting outside all year long. The delicate metallic structure reminds one of winter vegetation. When Summer comes back, Serpentine is dressed with long colored cushions that entwine the backrest and armrests supports.
You can still glimpse the underlying metal frame, but your body will never feel its touch. The weaving creates a comfortable and welcoming irregular upholstery.
Materials - metal frame, outdoor textile (Sunbrella), and foam.
Dimensions - W80 , H72- seat 40, D55
|Quilt by Ronan and
- Daan Roosegaarde's Waterlicht installati…on mimics northern lights in Dutch skies
- Eugene lounge chair by Stefan Diez for e…15
- Claesson Koivisto Rune arranges metal sh…eets into Caramel side table
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Kiriko Bottles by Torafu Architects
- Designed in Hackney: Tom Tom & Tam Tam b…y Konstantin Grcic for SCP
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2010
- Design Tide Tokyo 2008
- Bench by Raw Edges for Bench 10
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories