Called Serpentine, the design turns metal outdoor seating into a cosy cocoon for long summer evenings.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event »
The details below are from Eléonore Nalet:
Serpentine is an armchair designed for sitting outside all year long. The delicate metallic structure reminds one of winter vegetation. When Summer comes back, Serpentine is dressed with long colored cushions that entwine the backrest and armrests supports.
You can still glimpse the underlying metal frame, but your body will never feel its touch. The weaving creates a comfortable and welcoming irregular upholstery.
Materials - metal frame, outdoor textile (Sunbrella), and foam.
Dimensions - W80 , H72- seat 40, D55
|Quilt by Ronan and
- Crane by Benjamin Hubert
- Bril’s Coniferous Clock is filled with… leaves that take a year to die
- The interface between technology and des…ign holds "answers to the future"
- Zaha Hadid sculpts marble vases and tabl…es for Citco
- M.A.S.S.A.S. by Patricia Urquiola for Mo…roso
- In Situ by Julien Carretero
- Designed in Hackney: Leutton Postle AW12… collection
- Campanas design Camper store in Berlin
- City Music by Akko Goldenbeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories