Called Serpentine, the design turns metal outdoor seating into a cosy cocoon for long summer evenings.
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event »
The details below are from Eléonore Nalet:
Serpentine is an armchair designed for sitting outside all year long. The delicate metallic structure reminds one of winter vegetation. When Summer comes back, Serpentine is dressed with long colored cushions that entwine the backrest and armrests supports.
You can still glimpse the underlying metal frame, but your body will never feel its touch. The weaving creates a comfortable and welcoming irregular upholstery.
Materials - metal frame, outdoor textile (Sunbrella), and foam.
Dimensions - W80 , H72- seat 40, D55
|Quilt by Ronan and
- Cloud Table by Studio Maks recharges pho…nes
- Seatylock is a bicycle seat that is also… a removable bike lock
- Moon by Tokujin Yoshioka for Moroso
- Pininfarina fuses 1930s style with moder…n technology to produce bespoke bicycle
- Advances in digital interfaces will lead… to a "new beginning in music"
- Il cuore è una pompa by Gianfranco Pamp…aloni
- Doomsday Survival by Minki Cheng
- Designed in Hackney: Offset by Tomás Al…onso
- Domestic wind turbine by Ben Storan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories