Stockholm 2012: Stockholm designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF presents this pendant lamp inspired by the fenders and buoys that hang down from the side of boats at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and Northern Light Fair this week.
Called Buoy, the lamp has a blown glass shade and spun aluminium cap, suspended from an aluminium tube with a flex protected by silicone.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
Here are some more details from Mattias Ståhlbom:
Buoy — Mattias Ståhlbom
A light in the darkness. A friend in need. Mattias Ståhlbom’s Buoy is the designed continuation of a series of fittings with marine references such as Bottle and Fisherman. This year, he starts off with safe things like buoys and fenders, and has Buoy made of glass and spun aluminium. The result is twofold: brittle and safe.
Above: Buoy, Fisherman and Bottle by TAF for Zero
The electrical cord and the metal wire which the lamp hangs in are hidden inside a tube made of silicone.
Dimensions: Height 440 mm, Width 340 mm
Material: Glass, Aluminium
Light Source: 18W/Gx24q, Incandescent bulb
- Peg by Studio Gorm
- MMT Calendar wooden pocket watch now a…vailable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Aqua Jewels by Marcel Wanders
- DoorBot wireless doorbell by Edison Ju…nior Design Laboratory
- Round Lamp with a looping stem by Bao-…Nghi Droste
- Isom tables by Sebastian Scherer
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufa…la-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
- Mia Cullin models wooden benches on pi…ano stools for Orkester collection
- Dezeen Watch Store: VOID steel bracele…t by David Ericsson for VOID
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories