Stockholm 2012: Stockholm designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF presents this pendant lamp inspired by the fenders and buoys that hang down from the side of boats at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and Northern Light Fair this week.
Called Buoy, the lamp has a blown glass shade and spun aluminium cap, suspended from an aluminium tube with a flex protected by silicone.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
Here are some more details from Mattias Ståhlbom:
Buoy — Mattias Ståhlbom
A light in the darkness. A friend in need. Mattias Ståhlbom’s Buoy is the designed continuation of a series of fittings with marine references such as Bottle and Fisherman. This year, he starts off with safe things like buoys and fenders, and has Buoy made of glass and spun aluminium. The result is twofold: brittle and safe.
Above: Buoy, Fisherman and Bottle by TAF for Zero
The electrical cord and the metal wire which the lamp hangs in are hidden inside a tube made of silicone.
Dimensions: Height 440 mm, Width 340 mm
Material: Glass, Aluminium
Light Source: 18W/Gx24q, Incandescent bulb
- Ovale cutlery by Ronan and Erwan Bouroul…lec for Alessi
- Road Workers and White Liners by Josh Bi…telli
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
- New editions of Minuteman watch by Squar…estreet arrive at Dezeen Watch Store
- Designed in Hackney: Costume designs for… Carbon Life by Gareth Pugh
- Aeroscraft ML866
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- The Wool Parade by Doshi Levien for Kvad…rat
- Kind of Scarves by Kind of Moving
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories