Stockholm 2012: Stockholm designer Mattias Ståhlbom of TAF presents this pendant lamp inspired by the fenders and buoys that hang down from the side of boats at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and Northern Light Fair this week.
Called Buoy, the lamp has a blown glass shade and spun aluminium cap, suspended from an aluminium tube with a flex protected by silicone.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
Here are some more details from Mattias Ståhlbom:
Buoy — Mattias Ståhlbom
A light in the darkness. A friend in need. Mattias Ståhlbom’s Buoy is the designed continuation of a series of fittings with marine references such as Bottle and Fisherman. This year, he starts off with safe things like buoys and fenders, and has Buoy made of glass and spun aluminium. The result is twofold: brittle and safe.
Above: Buoy, Fisherman and Bottle by TAF for Zero
The electrical cord and the metal wire which the lamp hangs in are hidden inside a tube made of silicone.
Dimensions: Height 440 mm, Width 340 mm
Material: Glass, Aluminium
Light Source: 18W/Gx24q, Incandescent bulb
- Apparitions by Matali Crasset, Mathias G…aillaguet and Michel Bulteau
- Ume-play and Karakusa-play ceramics by N…endo
- slim&strong by Delphine Frey
- OUYA by Fuseproject
- Windoil by Dave Hakkens
- Chamberlight by Hallgeir Homstvedt diffu…ses candle light through a glass bubble
- Meguro office space by Nendo
- Urbanears at Boxpark by 42 Architects
- Abarth Chair by Fabio Novembre for Casam…ania
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories