Competition: we're collaborating with the authors of WRAP, an illustration magazine designed to be reused as giftwrap after reading, to give our readers the chance to win one of five copies of their new fourth issue.
Congratulations to the winners! Nadine Graham in the UK, Pablo Mateu Andújar in Spain, Andre Soares Haidar in Brazil, Sophie Middleton in the UK and Diego Alberto Rico Aguilera in Mexico all won a copy of WRAP magazine issue four.
This issue focusses on North America and features work by ten illustrators plus interviews and features.
The illustrations on one side of each double spread mean the whole publication can be used as wrapping paper once read.
This competition is now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the top of this page. Dezeen competitions are international and entries are accepted from readers in any country.
Here are some more details from ￼Wrap:
Be ‘QUICK ON THE DRAW’ – it’s issue four!
North America is the theme for this Spring edition of Wrap, the magazine where every sheet can be whipped out once read and reused as wrapping paper thanks to the original prints on the reverse side of each.
We hunt high and low for brilliant illustrators who design prints to our theme, and we’re very proud to present the work of ten more talented individuals – six from the US and Canada, and four from further afield. All have captured something of what this vast continent means to them.
As well as the ten pull-out sheets, plus their corresponding note- cards and interviews with each designer, Wrap issue four is packed with features exploring creativity and design in North America, including:
- Grace Bonney interview, founder of hugely successful interiors blog Design*Sponge
- portfolio sample of brilliant New York photographer Simon Biswas
- resurgent popularity of letterpress printing in North America
- magCulture maestro Jeremy Leslie on curating design show
- visit Primitive Press founder Louis Vincent
Collaboration: 100 special edition covers
Wrap is proud to be offering 100 special edition copies of issue four featuring hand-pulled screen printed covers by Primitive Press, in collaboration with founder Louis Vincent. Each one comes with a print on the back that can be framed, and all are signed and numbered by Louis. These are available to buy from our online shop at www.wrap.bigcartel.com
New subscription service
For the first time in its young life Wrap is offering a subscription service. Sign up and receive all three issues in 2012 (March, June and October) at 20% OFF our normal cover price.
As well as this, the first 150 to sign up will also receive a set of three specially made tags by Blackbird Letterpress in Louisiana and a tote bag printed with our issue four 'read Wrap, wrap Wrap' raccoons.
Wrap is a large format illustration and design magazine that launched in 2010. Held together in a hard cover with a large elastic band, each page has a print on the reverse and is easily pulled out and re-used to wrap gifts. We publish work by talented up-and-coming and established artists from all over the world. We're now stocked in the USA, Sweden, France, Singapore and Italy, and in shops around the UK including Tate Modern, the Design Museum, Magma, Paperchase, Anthropologie and Foyles.
- Plastic bottles woven with wicker form C…himbarongo shades for PET Lamps project
- State of Things by Klubben
- GrandArmy rebrands United States Postal …Service with "Americana" graphics
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Flow(t) glassware by Nao Tamura at Lumin…aire Lab
- Nendo's Architect Bag for Tod's holds lo…ng drawings in its middle
- Balloon by Crous & Calogero for Estiluz
- Help! I Want to Save a Life by Graham Do…uglas for Help Remedies and DKMS
- Stranden by Thomas Bernstrand
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories