Oak-framed doors fold away from the facade to open the one-person workplace to the surrounding garden, which is located just behind the client's house.
Library bookshelves are sandwiched between the exposed structural columns, while a skylight brings natural daylight in from overhead.
Office Sian also recently completed a Thai canteen elsewhere in London - see it here.
Architect Gurmeet Sian founded the studio in 2007 and their office is located on Penn Street, Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Coca-Cola Beatbox by Asif Khan and Perni…lla Ohrstedt
- House NSV by ADN Architectures and Olivi…er Dubucq Architecte
- New Pinterest board: Spanish houses
- Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward …at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Takeru Shoji Architects tops a timber-cl…ad Japanese house with a "big hat"
- Whitechapel Gallery by Robbrecht en Daem… and Witherford Watson Mann Architects
- Lina Bo Bardi's architecture honoured in… new photography series by Leonardo Finotti
- Nantes house extension contrasts blacken…ed wood facades with pale window frames
- Glebe House by Nobbs Radford Architects …extends a Sydney residence
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories