Oak-framed doors fold away from the facade to open the one-person workplace to the surrounding garden, which is located just behind the client's house.
Library bookshelves are sandwiched between the exposed structural columns, while a skylight brings natural daylight in from overhead.
Office Sian also recently completed a Thai canteen elsewhere in London - see it here.
Architect Gurmeet Sian founded the studio in 2007 and their office is located on Penn Street, Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Municipal Auditorium of Teulada by Franc…isco Mangado
- Duplex House in Tokito by Hidehiro Fukud…a Architects
- Vo Trong Nghia's Farming Kindergarten ha…s a vegetable garden on its looping roof
- ECDM Architectes extends Parisian apartm…ents with wavy balconies
- Rammed earth walls surround Craigieburn …Library by Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp
- 56 Leonard Street by Herzog & de Meuron
- L'Observatoire by CLP Architectes
- 313 Art Project by VOID planning
- Swollen Wall by Paul Coudamy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories