Oak-framed doors fold away from the facade to open the one-person workplace to the surrounding garden, which is located just behind the client's house.
Library bookshelves are sandwiched between the exposed structural columns, while a skylight brings natural daylight in from overhead.
Office Sian also recently completed a Thai canteen elsewhere in London - see it here.
Architect Gurmeet Sian founded the studio in 2007 and their office is located on Penn Street, Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Nestlé Waters' Beirut office is top h…eavy to allow space for trucks to pass by
- O2 Our Space by tp bennett
- Scrap Skyscraper by Projeto Coletivo
- Yinchuan Art Museum by WAA
- NLA Sky Walk by Carmody Groarke 2
- Central Institute of Technology by Lyo…ns
- Edison House by Adjaye Associates
- Emergency Exit by Agnieszka Kurant and… Aleksandra Wasilkowska
- The Shard by Renzo Piano Building Work…shop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories