Oak-framed doors fold away from the facade to open the one-person workplace to the surrounding garden, which is located just behind the client's house.
Library bookshelves are sandwiched between the exposed structural columns, while a skylight brings natural daylight in from overhead.
Office Sian also recently completed a Thai canteen elsewhere in London - see it here.
Architect Gurmeet Sian founded the studio in 2007 and their office is located on Penn Street, Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Skeletal pavilion shaped like a lock kee…per's cottage pops up in London's Olympic Park
- Paul Kasmin Gallery, 27th Street by stud…ioMDA
- Castlecrag Residence by CplusC Architect…ural Workshop
- S-AR's Casa Caja is a prototype for low-…cost homes that can be built by their owners
- University of Stuttgart unveils carbon-f…ibre pavilion based on beetle shells
- Givenchy store in Seoul has an undulatin…g moulded-metal facade
- Future Towers India by MVRDV
- China Design Now by Tonkin Liu
- O’ Mighty Green by STAR Strategies + A…rchitecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories