Oak-framed doors fold away from the facade to open the one-person workplace to the surrounding garden, which is located just behind the client's house.
Library bookshelves are sandwiched between the exposed structural columns, while a skylight brings natural daylight in from overhead.
Office Sian also recently completed a Thai canteen elsewhere in London - see it here.
Architect Gurmeet Sian founded the studio in 2007 and their office is located on Penn Street, Hoxton.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Office building by Takeshi Hosaka
- The Robert and Yadelle Sklare Family Lib…rary by Schwartz Besnosoff Architects
- Auditorium and Congress Center in Morro …Jable by Menis Arquitectos
- Quebec church transformed into a library… by Dan Hanganu and Côté Leahy Cardas
- Tom Kundig creates "virtually indestruct…ible" steel cabin on stilts
- Car Park House by Anonymous Architects
- The Russia Factory by Sergei Tchoban, Pa…vel Khoroshilov and Grigory Revzin
- Villa Vauban extension by Philippe Schmi…t
- Liszt Concert Hall by Atelier Kempe Thil…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories