Milan 2012: the flexible back of this chair by Swedish designers Front comprises a thick spring wrapped in black leather.
Presented for Italian brand Porro in Milan last week, the Gentle chair has a matching black leather seat but pale wooden front legs, which continue up and around the backrest in one loop to form arms.
Here are some more details from Porro:
Gentle design Front
Stolen from a fairy tale, directly coming from a children book, the result of any dream coming true, the Gentle chair entirely reinterprets the seat archetype, making its shapes far more modern and purified.
If at a first glance it looks like a continuum, a pattern drawing drafted without moving the pencil from the paper, in reality it perfectly hides a complex project, matching metal covered by soft leather at the back legs level, moving up to the back arch, to the light wood of the front legs, becoming the arm and back supports, in a subtle opposite contrast.
The soft back and the leather upholstered seat make the chair “soft” at the touch and at sight, in an harmonic double-coloured optical effect, graphical and retro at the same time, always two colours perfectly and elegantly matched.
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Pill Range by Alexander Lotersztain for …Derlot Editions
- The Finnish Blood in Me by Sami Kallio
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
- Concentré de Vie by Matali Crasset for …Campeggi
- More Campana Brothers at Albion Gallery
- FID celebrates native Italian material w…ith Terracotta Everyday collection
- Soot by Note Design Studio and Karolina …Stenfelt
- Dezeen's pick of Milan 2013: Salone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories