Milan 2012: the flexible back of this chair by Swedish designers Front comprises a thick spring wrapped in black leather.
Presented for Italian brand Porro in Milan last week, the Gentle chair has a matching black leather seat but pale wooden front legs, which continue up and around the backrest in one loop to form arms.
Here are some more details from Porro:
Gentle design Front
Stolen from a fairy tale, directly coming from a children book, the result of any dream coming true, the Gentle chair entirely reinterprets the seat archetype, making its shapes far more modern and purified.
If at a first glance it looks like a continuum, a pattern drawing drafted without moving the pencil from the paper, in reality it perfectly hides a complex project, matching metal covered by soft leather at the back legs level, moving up to the back arch, to the light wood of the front legs, becoming the arm and back supports, in a subtle opposite contrast.
The soft back and the leather upholstered seat make the chair “soft” at the touch and at sight, in an harmonic double-coloured optical effect, graphical and retro at the same time, always two colours perfectly and elegantly matched.
- Sarah Lucas uses concrete breeze blocks …to create first furniture range
- Momentary by Catarina Hällzon
- Ribbon coat rack by Hemal Patel
- Spaza-De-Move-On by Doung Anwar Jahangee…r
- Trapets by Note Design Studio for Zero
- Living Food by Minsu Kim
- Concept car by Ross Lovegrove for Renaul…t
- Jeff Miller for Baleri Italia
- Good Vibrations by Ferruccio Laviani for… Fratelli Boffi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories