Don't worry if you smash this vase by Dutch designer Mianne de Vries – a back-up vase is waiting inside.
Between two and four differently shaped vases are fitted inside each other to create each Curious Vase.
"The only way to discover what is inside is to destroy the vase," says de Vries. "But if you destroy the vase to find out what's in it, there is no turning back."
De Vries recently graduated from the Graphics and Product Design course at Utrecht School of the Arts.
- Dame and Knight by Lu Flux
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- Cygnet by Aston Martin
- Mini Dada rocking chair by Claudio Coluc…ci
- SonUmbra by Loop.pH
- Naoto Fukasawa designs streamlined Infob…ar A03 smartphone for KDDI
- Work with Indian craftsmen to keep handc…rafting skills alive, says designer Prateek Jain
- Cancer City by Visiondivision
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories