Don't worry if you smash this vase by Dutch designer Mianne de Vries – a back-up vase is waiting inside.
Between two and four differently shaped vases are fitted inside each other to create each Curious Vase.
"The only way to discover what is inside is to destroy the vase," says de Vries. "But if you destroy the vase to find out what's in it, there is no turning back."
De Vries recently graduated from the Graphics and Product Design course at Utrecht School of the Arts.
- Cut&Paste and HP launch contest for pre-…crowdfunded product campaigns
- UNITEA by Fionn Tynan O'Mahony in The Ch…anging Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Ron Arad: Restless at the Barbican
- Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Muka Design Lab's Reves Chair has a back…rest "like a shirt collar"
- Cosmic Angel, Cosmic Ocean and Cosmic Le…af by Ross Lovegrove for Artemide
- Oslo by Angell, Wyller & Aarseth for Ber…nhardt Design
- Car on a Stick by Ross Lovegrove
- REK bookcase by Reinier de Jong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories