Don't worry if you smash this vase by Dutch designer Mianne de Vries – a back-up vase is waiting inside.
Between two and four differently shaped vases are fitted inside each other to create each Curious Vase.
"The only way to discover what is inside is to destroy the vase," says de Vries. "But if you destroy the vase to find out what's in it, there is no turning back."
De Vries recently graduated from the Graphics and Product Design course at Utrecht School of the Arts.
- Bethan Laura Wood creates installation… of oversized canapés for lettuce-shaped plates
- Debut collection by Herman Cph include…s oak tables with spindly steel legs
- Relumine by Mischer’Traxler
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industri…al components into furniture pieces
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practic…e of Everyday Design
- Game of Trust by Yiannis Ghikas
- Dezeen Watch Store at Blickfang Vienna
- Vase and kitchen timer by Studio Lama
- Swing by Moradavaga
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories