If carrying a wet papery packet home puts you off fresh fish from the counter at your local supermarket, London designers PostlerFerguson have designed a series of sleek sleeves to promote the less endangered types.
"Supermarkets are expanding their fresh fish offerings to include more sustainable species like gurnard, mackerel and skate. These fish are cheaper and just as tasty, but customers often shy away from them because they are unfamiliar and occasionally just plain ugly," says Martin Postler.
Made from layers of polyethylene, the packs are resealable, airtight and can be topped up with ice to keep everything fresh until you're ready to cook it.
- Gorenje Ora-Ito Collection
- Soe cups by Hanna Kruse
- Marlène Huissoud uses insect by-product…s to develop new materials
- Hush by Freyja Sewell
- Droog to show everything at Design Post
- 250 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- Funktionide by Stefan Ulrich
- Eco Warrior by Rezon
- Konstantin Grcic's first design for Arte…k is a circular birch swivel chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories