The second of two movies in this series about Steven Holl's Sliced Porosity Block in Chengdu, China, is a walk through the spaces of the mixed-use complex.
Produced by filmmakers Spirit of Space, the architectural tour begins with the approach route into the public plaza, which is surrounded by the five towers of the scheme and sits above a shopping centre.
The movie shows the daily activity in this plaza, where three staggered terraces feature seating areas, trees and large pools of water. In the first of the two movies Steven Holl explains that he designed this space first, then added the architecture around it.
Architectural photography is by Hufton + Crow.
- Five years ago...
- The Shed at the National Theatre by Hawo…rth Tompkins
- The Rothschild Foundation by Stephen Mar…shall Architects
- Hackney Marshes Centre by Stanton Willia…ms
- James Whitaker proposes cluster of shipp…ing containers as an affordable workplace
- The World Village of Women Sports by BIG
- SAMF reinterprets traditional Portuguese… farmhouses with Casa dos Caseiros
- Featured event: Venice Architecture Bien…nale
- "People in Vietnam want green buildings"… - Vo Trong Nghia on Binh Duong School
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories