The second of two movies in this series about Steven Holl's Sliced Porosity Block in Chengdu, China, is a walk through the spaces of the mixed-use complex.
Produced by filmmakers Spirit of Space, the architectural tour begins with the approach route into the public plaza, which is surrounded by the five towers of the scheme and sits above a shopping centre.
The movie shows the daily activity in this plaza, where three staggered terraces feature seating areas, trees and large pools of water. In the first of the two movies Steven Holl explains that he designed this space first, then added the architecture around it.
Architectural photography is by Hufton + Crow.
- Lazika Municipality by Architects of Inv…ention
- Women at War by Charlotte Wilson at Free… Range
- Oshikamo by Katsutoshi Sasaki + Associat…es
- Shingle House by NORD Architecture
- L’Atelier des Enfants at the Centre Po…mpidou by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Energy Roof Perugia by Coop Himmelb(l)au
- Vega Cottage by Kolman Boye Architects r…eferences weathered Norwegian boathouses
- Glass-coated Tokyo house by Wiel Arets l…ooks like it's been shrink wrapped
- Glowing glass blocks surround the Wilhel…m-Leuschner-Platz metro station by Max Dudler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories