The second of two movies in this series about Steven Holl's Sliced Porosity Block in Chengdu, China, is a walk through the spaces of the mixed-use complex.
Produced by filmmakers Spirit of Space, the architectural tour begins with the approach route into the public plaza, which is surrounded by the five towers of the scheme and sits above a shopping centre.
The movie shows the daily activity in this plaza, where three staggered terraces feature seating areas, trees and large pools of water. In the first of the two movies Steven Holl explains that he designed this space first, then added the architecture around it.
Architectural photography is by Hufton + Crow.
- Daaf Geluk School by KoningEllis Archi…tects
- Ahn Jung-geun Memorial Hall honours a …Korean independence activist
- Superstar: A Mobile Chinatown by MAD
- Lee Hall College of Architecture by Th…omas Phifer and Partners
- Garden Workshop designed around an old… workbench and a collection of handmade tools
- Centro Niemeyer by Oscar Niemeyer
- Seoul exhibition puts Korean architect… Minsuk Cho in the spotlight
- UKHQ by Gemma Douglas
- Singapore national stadium boasts worl…d's largest free-spanning dome
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories