The second of two movies in this series about Steven Holl's Sliced Porosity Block in Chengdu, China, is a walk through the spaces of the mixed-use complex.
Produced by filmmakers Spirit of Space, the architectural tour begins with the approach route into the public plaza, which is surrounded by the five towers of the scheme and sits above a shopping centre.
The movie shows the daily activity in this plaza, where three staggered terraces feature seating areas, trees and large pools of water. In the first of the two movies Steven Holl explains that he designed this space first, then added the architecture around it.
Architectural photography is by Hufton + Crow.
- Medhurst Winery by Folk Architects
- Heydar Aliyev Center by Zaha Hadid Archi…tects
- House T by Takeshi Hamada
- Hut with the Arc Wall by Tato Architects
- Miami Chapel by FR-EE
- Column and Slab house by FT Architects
- Family Tomb by Pedro Dias
- House DZ in Mullem by Graux & Baeyens Ar…chitecten
- Skeletal pavilion shaped like a lock kee…per's cottage pops up in London's Olympic Park
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories