The second of two movies in this series about Steven Holl's Sliced Porosity Block in Chengdu, China, is a walk through the spaces of the mixed-use complex.
Produced by filmmakers Spirit of Space, the architectural tour begins with the approach route into the public plaza, which is surrounded by the five towers of the scheme and sits above a shopping centre.
The movie shows the daily activity in this plaza, where three staggered terraces feature seating areas, trees and large pools of water. In the first of the two movies Steven Holl explains that he designed this space first, then added the architecture around it.
Architectural photography is by Hufton + Crow.
- Hauser & Wirth's Somerset gallery is hou…sed within historic farm buildings
- EDF Archives Centre by LAN Architecture
- Movie by Cristobal Palma: Coliseos by Gi…ancarlo Mazzanti Arquitectos and Felipe Mesa
- Floating bridge by RO&AD crosses the moa…t of a Dutch fortress
- Frei Sebastião House by António Fernan…dez
- Schloss Grafenegg Concert Hall by Archit…ekten Schröder Schulte-Ladbeck
- BT House by Studio Guilherme Torres
- "I tried to create something between nat…ure and architecture" - Sou Fujimoto
- Paolo Carlesso clads Italian family hous…e with cement panels
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories