Dezeen Watch Store: in this movie Dezeen filmed in Milan, Dutch designer Marcel Wanders describes the two different sides of the Dressed watch he designed for Alessi, which is available to buy now from Dezeen Watch Store.
Wanders' Dressed watch has an outwardly understated design, but features an embellished decoration on the reverse side of the case that is hidden when the watch is being worn.
"We made these very simple, beautiful watches with an interesting surprise," Wanders explains. "The design of the watch is pretty straightforward: the band makes a really simple connection to the core of the watch and we kept the dial very simple."
However, the hour hand of the watch features a decorative "little twist", Wanders goes on to explain, before turning the watch around to show that "on the back there is a fantastic decoration, which is very hidden."
Wanders hopes that his design will stand the test of time. "[We made] something that is, I hope, an evergreen, something that lasts forever," he says. "Because I think that's what watches are, they are about time."
Dressed by Marcel Wanders is available to buy on Dezeen Watch Store in black or white for £125 + VAT with free worldwide shipping.
- Second Nature at 21_21 Design Sight
- Audience by rAndom International
- 80 Sheets of Mountains by Nendo
- Kiasma chair by Vesa Honkonen
- E8 furniture by Mathias Hahn for Zeitrau…m
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Dezeen's guide to Milan's must-see event…s and installations
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid
- Essentiel de Pâtisserie by Matali Crass…et and Pierre Hermé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories