New images have been released showing Herzog & de Meuron's Jade Signature residential tower for Miami - including the first full-height rendering of the 198 metre-high building.
The pagoda-shaped tower will be built on a private estate in Miami's Sunny Isles district and will accommodate 192 residences, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to a 975-square-metre penthouse.
As we reported last month, the building's parallelogram-shaped plan will help to angle the apartments towards the southern sun and floor-to-ceiling windows will provide views of the ocean. Hourglass-shaped columns will feature at the extremities of the balconies encircling the tower.
"These images also show more of the lush oceanfront landscape designed by Raymond Jungles, including ground floor amenities that send residents straight out the door to the pool, onto the lawn, and onto the beach and ocean," says the text that came with the new images.
"You may note the parallelogram positioning of the building that is a result of an extensive sun-study to lend the best light to the residences and pool, with minimal wind and glare. Also new in these images is the reveal of the water terrace that extends from the spa area, with a unique semi-circular plunge pool."
The tower is the first apartment building in the USA outside New York City to be designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron.
Zaha Hadid Architects is also working on a residential skyscraper in Miami, while a competition to redevelop the site of the Miami Beach Convention Center has received entries from Rem Koolhaas's OMA and Danish firm BIG – see all projects in Miami.
- Architects should be wary of "thinking t…hat they know how to do everything" - Studio Weave
- House renovation in Saignelégier by Dub…ail Begert Architectes
- Binissalem School Complex by RipollTizon
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2007
- FRIEM Headquarters by Onsitestudio
- Glass Farm by MVRDV - night shots
- Barkow Leibinger's Fellows Pavilion offe…rs study spaces in a lakeside garden
- Special feature: Marseille Capital of Cu…lture 2013
- Moika Krukov by Erick van Egeraat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories