The homeware collection includes a series of metal storage units by Danish designer Cecilie Manz. Called Aitio – meaning theatre box in Finnish – these can be wall-mounted to hold small objects.
These shelves are made from powder-coated steel and come in a variety of whites and greys, as well as yellow. There are also plastic hooks that clip over the edges. "My focus with Aitio was functionality, simplicity and aesthetics," said Cecilie Manz.
The Kerros shelf by Swedish designer Matti Klenell is a side table made of plywood, which can also be used as a tray. Klenell described the shelf as "a new kind of object that sits somewhere between furniture and a household product".
Additions to Iittala's lighting collection include a new grey version of the Leimu lamp by Norwegian designer Magnus Pettersen, the Kuukuna lamp by Oiva Toikka and the Nappula Candelabra by Matti Klenell.
The Kuukuna, a mouth-blown glass light, was originally designed in 1986 by Toikka and has been resurrected in a slightly larger version.
Klenell's six-candled candelabra comes in white and has evolved from the single candleholders designed by Klenell in 2012. These are now available in red and yellow. All are made from powder-coated steel.
The designs are on show at in hall 16, place D30, at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile from 8 to 13 April.
- Blossom suspension lights by Hella Jonge…rius
- An Introvert's Transformation to Extrove…rsion by Lilian Hipolyte Mushi
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb Tr…afalgar Square installation
- Ribbon coat rack by Hemal Patel
- RCA graduate Ying Chang takes graphic de…sign’s grid system into three dimensions
- Marc Newson on the projects that got awa…y
- Untreated brass creates contrast in Dani…el Schofield's Tarnish tableware collection
- Home Away Dual Time Alarm Clock by Kit M…en
- Philip Michael Wolfson at Covent Garden …Super Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories