Japanese designer Shigeichiro Takeuchi of shigeichiro studio has designed a minimal rubbish bin (above) and a shoehorn (below).
The aluminium bin has a wooden lid that tilts without a mechanism.
The plastic shoehorn fits onto a conical wooden base.
Here's a bit of text from the designer:
The cylinder is simply cut diagonally and the mouth is covered with a wooden board. This is a dust bin with lid.
Because the diagonal mouth is at a slightly different level, the lid can balance on it without additional components which also make it easily removable for trash taken off and cleaning.
Material: aluminum, hard maple wood.
This form which has beautiful curves and mild thickness stands on the floor like an object. This is a shoehorn.
The main body and the wooden base are beautifully united as one piece. The conventional image we have in our mind would have been erased from the presence of this shoehorn.
Material: plastic, hard maple wood.
- Origin part III - Contrast by BCXSY
- Aim lamps by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec …for Flos
- Campana Beds by Fernando and Humberto Ca…mpana for Edra
- Konstantin Grcic at Qubique 2011
- David Chipperfield creates simple furnit…ure from wooden planks
- Laurence Humier's Alchemist Matter Kit t…eaches children basic chemistry
- American Apparel launches collection wit…h Memphis Group's Nathalie Du Pasquier
- Studio Vit's Cone lights are shaped like… party hats
- Design Department Store at SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories