American practice Olson Kundig Architects are renovating a historic dock building in the port city of Tacoma, reinforcing the existing structure and suspending boats from a newly added roof.
The Foss Waterway Seaport will house a range of educational and leisure facilities focused on Tacoma's maritime heritage and also offer water-based activities.
Here's some more from the architects:
The mission of the Foss Waterway Seaport is to celebrate Tacoma’s rich maritime heritage — past, present, and future.
The renovation of the historic Balfour Dock Building will begin with a new roof and seismic reinforcement.
The goal of “new Seaport” is to emerge as Puget Sound’s premier maritime education and recreation center where families, students and entire communities come to discover, explore, work and play with on–the–water activities.
by CCS Architecture
|Museo del Agua
by MID Estudio
- House in Sakuragawa by Suppose Design …Office
- Hotel Consolación by Camprubí i Sant…acana Arquitectes
- Icelandic Institute of Natural History… by Arkís
- Peter Barber uses a "collage of materi…als" in hostel for homeless people
- Shiro by 1980/Takuya Hosokai + Hiromas…a Mori
- Make Architecture adds perforated wood…en facade to renovated and extended Melbourne house
- Belgian Pavilion at Venice biennale ex…hibits components of modern domestic interiors
- CEBRA's sports centre "grows like a mu…shroom" from concrete skate park by Glifberg+Lykkeskate
- Panoramarestaurant Karren by Architekt…en Rüf Stasi Partner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories