American practice Olson Kundig Architects are renovating a historic dock building in the port city of Tacoma, reinforcing the existing structure and suspending boats from a newly added roof.
The Foss Waterway Seaport will house a range of educational and leisure facilities focused on Tacoma's maritime heritage and also offer water-based activities.
Here's some more from the architects:
The mission of the Foss Waterway Seaport is to celebrate Tacoma’s rich maritime heritage — past, present, and future.
The renovation of the historic Balfour Dock Building will begin with a new roof and seismic reinforcement.
The goal of “new Seaport” is to emerge as Puget Sound’s premier maritime education and recreation center where families, students and entire communities come to discover, explore, work and play with on–the–water activities.
by CCS Architecture
|Museo del Agua
by MID Estudio
- Santa Ynez Residence by Frederick Fisher… and Partners
- A tree grows up through voids in Hamada …Design's Glass + Wood building
- Martin Luther Church by Coop Himmelb(l)a…u
- Creus e Carrasco gives a folded facade t…o Chao House in Spain
- Kichi Architectural Design completes cub…e-shaped House of Kubogaoka
- White Arkitekter adds corrugated copper …walls to Norway's Bråtejordet School
- Høse Bridge by Rintala Eggertsson Archi…tects
- House by BeL Associates
- Venecia Park by Héctor Fernández Elo…rza and Manuel Fernández Ramírez
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories