American practice Olson Kundig Architects are renovating a historic dock building in the port city of Tacoma, reinforcing the existing structure and suspending boats from a newly added roof.
The Foss Waterway Seaport will house a range of educational and leisure facilities focused on Tacoma's maritime heritage and also offer water-based activities.
Here's some more from the architects:
The mission of the Foss Waterway Seaport is to celebrate Tacoma’s rich maritime heritage — past, present, and future.
The renovation of the historic Balfour Dock Building will begin with a new roof and seismic reinforcement.
The goal of “new Seaport” is to emerge as Puget Sound’s premier maritime education and recreation center where families, students and entire communities come to discover, explore, work and play with on–the–water activities.
by CCS Architecture
|Museo del Agua
by MID Estudio
- R3 Ukishima by Klein Dytham Architecture
- House at Sobral da Lagoa by Bak Gordon
- Bernard Tschumi’s Blue tower opens
- Zaha Hadid's Oxford college project to s…tart on site
- Casa Puglia by Peter Pichler
- Merricks Beach House by Kennedy Nolan Ar…chitects
- The Curving House by JOHO Architecture
- Zoomfactor Architectes updates a city ha…ll with a spiralling staircase
- Pedregal Shopping Centre by Pascal Arqui…tectos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories