Sjölander da Cruz Architects of Birmingham have completed this shelter at a park on a former wasteland in Amington, UK.
Designed as a meeting place for young people in the area, the structure was developed in a series of workshops with residents.
Here are some more details from the architects:
Sjölander da Cruz Architects have recently completed a dynamic shelter for the young people of Amington near Tamworth UK.
This innovative design for youth shelter was developed in partnership with the local young people to act as a physical focus for the positive work that is taking place in Amington near Tamworth.
The shelter is located at the centre of a previously disused area of wasteland that has been developed over a number of years to provide a habitat for wildlife and encourage rare species, acting as an education resource for the local young people and wider community.
The design was developed over a series of workshops held on site and draws its inspiration from the leaves and trees that surround the shelter. The dynamic form is derived from that of a maple leaf that has been folded to create shelter, enclosure and seating and since its completion has become a landmark within the local community.
|Trail House by
|The Black Cloud by Heather
and Ivan Morison
- Prada Transformer by OMA/Rem Koolhaas
- Movie: London 2012 Olympic venue fly-thr…oughs by Crystal CG
- "We convinced doctors to move to an open…-plan wing" - Kristen Whittle and Ron Billard
- Hot Links Duplex by Atelier Hitoshi Abe …for Make it Right
- Gone With the Wind by Nika Zupanc
- Nest and Cave House by Idis Turato
- Two In One Villa by clavienrossier
- Naust paa Aure by TYIN Tegnestue
- Cinema meets planetarium at Archiview's …Infoversum theatre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories