Called Ovale, the collection of dishes, containers and tumblers feature rounded corners and sides that aren't parallel.
The following was written by Alberto Alessi:
This is how Ronan and Erwan described the project: the Ovale collection strives to be original, but it also wants to be rustic and traditional.
We set out in pursuit of delicate expression.
This composition speaks about every day life, about breakfast, lunch, about everyone getting together for dinner.
There is a desire for simplicity".
Then, Ronan coined a new expression to describe Alessi, a likeness that appeals to me: "Alessi is very similar to the operation described in Tim Burton's movie adaptation of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, a wonderful factory where Alessi produces cakes and sweets." says Ronan.
Delicate, slightly expressive, simple, almost neo-primitive, deliberately saying "hold the sugar!", the complete table service, Ovale, marks the entry into the Alessi catalogue of the two brothers from Brittany.
I am very grateful to them not only for this beautiful project - with its subsidiary expressiveness, I'm sure it will find its way among the major main course of our catalog - but also for having coined, defining a "producer of sweet things", a phrase worthy of Philippe Starck's definition in the 80s, "Alessi is a merchant of happiness."
Click above for larger image
|Axor Bouroullec by Ronan &
|Peneira by the Campana Brothers for Alessi||Dezeen podcast with
- Mind Chair by Peter Marigold and Beta Ta…nk
- 100 Years After the Party by Makiko Naka…mura
- Chamberlight by Hallgeir Homstvedt diffu…ses candle light through a glass bubble
- ChargerFrame by Naolab
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 by Nike
- Marc Newson designs Nautilus pen for Her…mès
- Bellows by Benjamin Hubert for Nava
- House of Furniture Parts by Studio Makki…nk & Bey
- Interview with Yves Behar on Jambox and …JamScape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories