Called Ovale, the collection of dishes, containers and tumblers feature rounded corners and sides that aren't parallel.
The following was written by Alberto Alessi:
This is how Ronan and Erwan described the project: the Ovale collection strives to be original, but it also wants to be rustic and traditional.
We set out in pursuit of delicate expression.
This composition speaks about every day life, about breakfast, lunch, about everyone getting together for dinner.
There is a desire for simplicity".
Then, Ronan coined a new expression to describe Alessi, a likeness that appeals to me: "Alessi is very similar to the operation described in Tim Burton's movie adaptation of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, a wonderful factory where Alessi produces cakes and sweets." says Ronan.
Delicate, slightly expressive, simple, almost neo-primitive, deliberately saying "hold the sugar!", the complete table service, Ovale, marks the entry into the Alessi catalogue of the two brothers from Brittany.
I am very grateful to them not only for this beautiful project - with its subsidiary expressiveness, I'm sure it will find its way among the major main course of our catalog - but also for having coined, defining a "producer of sweet things", a phrase worthy of Philippe Starck's definition in the 80s, "Alessi is a merchant of happiness."
Click above for larger image
|Axor Bouroullec by Ronan &
|Peneira by the Campana Brothers for Alessi||Dezeen podcast with
- StandTable is a circular podium design…ed by UNStudio to replace office desks
- Diversity by Nacho Carbonell
- Big Table by Alain Gilles for Bonaldo
- Customisable furniture means "no more …trends" says Philippe Starck
- Galileo's Telescope by Odoardo Fiorava…nti
- Angle lights by Tom Dixon
- Clockwork Snow by Tjep.
- Pencil-case pen and Pencil V2.0 by Yan…g:Ripol
- Arik Levy's RockGrowth sculpture sits …under the Atomium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories