Called Rubber, the lamps for Swedish brand Zero have aluminium shades and come as pendant or wall lights.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage of the event »
The information that follows is from TAF:
It began with a commission from a landscape architect (Grontmij).
And TAF's first rubber-band inspired pole fittings stood ready at Strömkajen by Grand Hotel in Stockholm just in time for the Swedish crown princess's June 2010 wedding.
Now, Rubber is also available as indoor pendant and wall-/facade fitting.
By altering ordinary objects and placing them in new contexts, TAF offers the viewer a possibility to see the objects in a new light.
In the Rubber project, the stretchability, flexibility and materiality of the rubber band has given shape, function and expression to the collection.
The final material is aluminum. Rubber is available in white, black and beige as standard.
|Stitch lamp by TAF
|Bottle by TAF
- Nendo reframes the white shirt as centre…piece for COS installation in Milan
- For Rest Table by SPEAC
- Autumn/Winter chair by Aga Brzostek
- Photos of cabbage and plastic bags used …to create fantastical alien landscapes in TSVI music video
- Vitra Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta of… Fabrica for Seletti
- Arik Levy for Baccarat
- Bistro in Vitro is a virtual restaurant …serving the artificial meat dishes of the future
- Jack Albert Trew designs bicycle-powered… centrifuge to enable blood testing in rural Africa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories