Called Rubber, the lamps for Swedish brand Zero have aluminium shades and come as pendant or wall lights.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage of the event »
The information that follows is from TAF:
It began with a commission from a landscape architect (Grontmij).
And TAF's first rubber-band inspired pole fittings stood ready at Strömkajen by Grand Hotel in Stockholm just in time for the Swedish crown princess's June 2010 wedding.
Now, Rubber is also available as indoor pendant and wall-/facade fitting.
By altering ordinary objects and placing them in new contexts, TAF offers the viewer a possibility to see the objects in a new light.
In the Rubber project, the stretchability, flexibility and materiality of the rubber band has given shape, function and expression to the collection.
The final material is aluminum. Rubber is available in white, black and beige as standard.
|Stitch lamp by TAF
|Bottle by TAF
- Renault unveils Kwid Concept car equip…ped with traffic-spotting drone
- Satsuma chair by Läufer + Keichel mod…elled on wooden fruit crates
- Aquariva by Marc Newson
- Ineke Hans designs colourful signage a…nd street furniture for roadside art trail
- Kartell presents new Ettore Sottsass c…ollection in Memphis-themed exhibition
- New MINI Clubman
- Arne Jacobsen Station and Roman watche…s at Dezeen Watch Store
- Tip Ton and Map Table by BarberOsgerby… for Vitra
- Priestmangoode overhauls aircraft inte…rior to include more carry-on luggage space
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories