Called Rubber, the lamps for Swedish brand Zero have aluminium shades and come as pendant or wall lights.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage of the event »
The information that follows is from TAF:
It began with a commission from a landscape architect (Grontmij).
And TAF's first rubber-band inspired pole fittings stood ready at Strömkajen by Grand Hotel in Stockholm just in time for the Swedish crown princess's June 2010 wedding.
Now, Rubber is also available as indoor pendant and wall-/facade fitting.
By altering ordinary objects and placing them in new contexts, TAF offers the viewer a possibility to see the objects in a new light.
In the Rubber project, the stretchability, flexibility and materiality of the rubber band has given shape, function and expression to the collection.
The final material is aluminum. Rubber is available in white, black and beige as standard.
|Stitch lamp by TAF
|Bottle by TAF
- Mind Chair by Peter Marigold and Beta Ta…nk
- New Standard Table by Fredrik Paulsen
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- No Country For Old Men by Lanzavecchia +… Wai
- Haim Evgi crafts wooden balanced-arm TZA…P lamps
- Lee West launches collection of Modernis…t-inspired brass objects
- Long Chair by Jo Nagasaka + Schemata Arc…hitecture Office
- Origami headgear folded to resemble myth…ological creatures
- Tube Chair by KiBiSi for Hay
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories