Called Twilight, the installation comprised artificial smoke hanging in the air with beams of light streaming through.
More information about the Moon chair in our earlier story.
The installation is open at Via Pontaccio 8-10 until the end of today.See all our stories about Milan 2011 »
The following text is from Tokujin Yoshioka:
Nature is beautiful, yet the unimaginable energy inheres behind its beauty. Its beauty uplifts our emotion, and resonant in our heart, yet sometimes shows its threatening expression.
We have witnessed nature's threats with our own eyes, and we have been reminded by the the importance of living with nature. I would like to think deeply about the nature and continue persuing the creation that seeks and express its elements of the beauty. With the deepest hopes in our future, I am presenting an exhibition "TWILIGHT-Tokujin Yoshioka" at MOROSO Showroom.
Creating the space with the light and the aura, I will display a new chair series "MOON." "MOON" is the chair as if sculpted from this beautiful rounded shape of the Moon.
In this exhibition, the light reflects on the surface of the chairs and reveals the beauty of the various textures exist in the different kinds of white materials, such as plastics, and unique fabrics.
The space would remind people of the natural phenomenon, known as the angel's ladder, and will bring visitors the celestial experience as if embraced by the natural world.
I hope the light of "TWILIGHT" will glow within people's heart all over the world.
- Mirror Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and Am…andine Chhor
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at the… Design Museum Holon
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- Vulcan carbon-fibre racing car signals "…next generation" for Aston Martin
- Dezeen at SXSW
- The Idea of a Tree by Mischer’Traxler
- Designed in Hackney: chandeliers by Stua…rt Haygarth
- Phototrope shirt by Pauline van Dongen i…ncludes LEDs to improve safety for night runners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories