Bicycles are displayed in backlit boxes at this Barcelona bike store designed by architect Joan Sandoval.
Called Pave, the store includes a library where shoppers can drink coffee and read magazines on cycling, lounge where they can watch important races on TV and showers where they can refresh after training.
Branding for the store by Marcel Batlle, who provided the description below:
The project started with the owner of the shop, a bicycle and cycling enthusiast called Javier Maya, 9 months ago.
The architecture project is made by Joan Sandoval.
There is a paved entry, making reference to the name of the shop and the classic bicycle race. The shop is 700m2 with lots of space where you can enjoy all the products.
The idea is to offer much more than just a cycling shop. We have showers for use after training, a nice TV to watch Giro, Le Tour, Paris Roubaix...
There's a little library where you can drink good coffee while you read books and magazines about cycling.
The shop is focussed on road bicycles.
- Floating steel staircase divides Iduns…gate Apartment by Haptic
- Dental Clinic by MMVArquitecto
- WASA Studio converts campus shop into …filmmaking facility for the Pratt Institute
- ZBL House by Paritzki & Liani Architec…ts
- Jay Mews by Theis and Khan
- Apprentice Store by Threefold Architec…ts
- Therme Wien by 4a Architekten
- Garden flat in Lyon photographed befor…e and after a party
- Starbucks Espresso Journey by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories