Jerusalem designer Avichai Tadmor created this scaled-up pencil sharpener for shaving curls of carrot onto salads.
Called Karoto (carrot in ancient Greek), the device for Israeli company Monkey Business can also be used on courgettes or cucumbers and comes in black or yellow.
Other products from Monkey Business on Dezeen include a pencil sharpener shaped like a wind-up key and a set of pins for making little animals out of wine corks.
- Dezeen podcast: Konstantin Grcic at the …Serpentine Gallery
- "3D printing will infiltrate fashion thr…ough streetwear, not haute couture"
- Waar is Ekko? combined posters and signa…ge for a music festival by Kok Pistolet
- David Adjaye shows Washington Collection… for Knoll in new colours
- FaceMaker by Millergoodman at Home
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- Takashi Murakami at the Château de Vers…ailles
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- Smartphone app Human draws maps of urban… movement
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories