Maison&Objet 2013: Dutch studio Scholten & Baijings has created a range of glassware for Danish brand Hay featuring swatches of colour, graduated tints and grid lines (+ slideshow).
The Colour Glass collection was launched as part of Hay's new collection at Maison&Objet in Paris earlier this week. It includes high and low water glasses, a red wine glass, a white wine glass, a champagne glass and a carafe.
The glasses and carafe will be available in three different designs: with yellow or blue fading from the top, or a golden dot at the bottom of the vessels. The red wine glass comes with a pink square on one side, the white wine glass has black grid lines and the champagne glass features golden grid lines.
Pieces are made of crystal glass and will be available from May.
Scholten & Baijings is based in Amsterdam and is known for its textiles and homeware featuring carefully selected colours and geometric grids. See their tableware set based on the archives of hand-painted porcelain company 1616 Arita Japan in our earlier story.
Maison&Objet homeware and gift fair took place from 18 to 22 January. Other products launched at the show include a range of ice-cream coloured poufs and rugs by Patricia Urquiola and furniture inspired by camping from French brand Colonel. See all our stories about products launched at Maison&Objet »
- Lulu lamp by Jean-Sébastien Lagrange
- Afteroom presents three-legged chair and… stackable table for Menu
- Mermaids by Marcel Wanders for Moooi
- Sempé w103 by Inga Sempé for Wästberg…
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
- Buoy Lamps by PostlerFerguson
- Fungus chairs by MAD
- Tom Dixon to unveil accessories with liv…e "factory" at Maison & Objet
- Matthew Hilton for Ercol at Tent London
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories